Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help, I stopped loosing weight!!!
An_243259 posted:
Hello,
I started the WebMD Food & Fitness Planner last January at 172lbs and dropped pounds very easily by monitoring my 1200 daily calories intake and spending calories on activities. I am now at 152 lbs, I lost 20lbs in 10 weeks only (average 2lbs per week) and I am very proud. I eat healthy and do regular cardio + strength. I now fit in my old clothes. I did changed my lifestyle.

But now, it has been more than 2 weeks that I stopped loosing weight. It is not moving! It has been so easy so far, how comes it has stopped?

Possibly 2 things: 1) I am gaining in muscles (sure, but how can we measure that? and why a complete stop in loosing weight?) and 2) I need to increase my level of activities (but I have done that already about a month ago)

I still have 7lbs to loose to reach the upper limit of an healthy BMI. What can I do?

Thanks

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations on the 20lbs lost; that's a major achievement.

Maybe you need to experiment with things to get the weight loss going. Are you calculating your calories correctly, so you are not exceeding 1200?

You could do a few different things in your exercise routine - a few different weight training moves, different cardio (longer if you have the time), or interval training, which could do wonders.

Plus you could tweak your diet so that you replace some starchy carbs (eg potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, corn etc) with other carbs like green or red veg; and make sure your protein is plenty and lean (eg egg-whites, chicken breast, fish).

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently weighing 145 lbs. I would like to be at a more comfortable weight of 123 lb. I had utilized the WebMD Weight Loss program several years ago ...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.