Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP ! ! !
itslivib posted:
Helloooo community! I have also never done this before in my life but for the past year I feel sick looking at myself. 2012 I decided to take a stand. I am now 21 years old, 5'8 and have weighed at avg 175-180 the past year. The second week of January my mother passed away after a three year battle with lung cancer. As you can imagine it was very emotionally unsettling. I found myself at my highest weight after that, 192-193 pounds!! I had to put my foot down. I joined the gym again and said I am going hard! ...It didn't quite happen that way. Starting about mid-march I found this website with the tools and quizzes and videos and articles and so much more and it instantly motivated me! I am down to 178 with 18 pounds to go until I reach my first goal. I too want to cry, still, when I look at the scale. When I look in the mirror. Younger years, I never went beyond 150 until college! It's very upsetting to see the changes but I feel I am finally motivated to do something about it! I need help. Healthy meal plans are so hard to keep up with when you are a college student with bills and a job and finals and so on.. I know those excuses do not make it impossible but all the same its difficult. I need a community of people who understand my needs and have great advice/motivation to help keep me going! I've got to get healthy. I've got to lead a healthier/longer life. For me and for my family! HELP ?!

3point14 responded:
How are you changing your diet and exercise levels to lose weight?

And welcome to the community! You CAN do this, and you're smart to start losing before it becomes even more unmanageable. Make sure you stay hydrated, work out for a reasonable amount every day, and start with little changes. You'll be surprised at how easy it can be.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I never noticed that I was gaining pounds easier till my pants were so small for me. Now I am changing my nutrition to healthy food and learning how ...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.