Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to this...need advice?!
peakab00 posted:
Hey all! I'm new to WebMD's community... I've always browsed here, but now it's my first time joining the message boards!

Anyways, I'm a 26 year old female with a 5 year old daughter and 6 month old son. I'm 5'5 and I weight 150 lbs. I know I'm not obese, but I'm not happy with how I look.

When I was 19-20, I weighed 115 and I was healthy and trim. Not too skinny, but toned and overall I had a great body. I know I'm not that young anymore and I had no children, but I'd definitely like to be at 120. That's my goal.

I've been watching what I eat and I take in about 1200-1500 calories a day AS WELL AS working out on my elliptical machine 5-6 days a week for 20-30 minutes. (Burning 200-300 calories each session. I'm new still. My body's beginning to get used to the burn.)

My question for everyone is how long should I see results. I'm definitely going to stick to my routine here! Also, if I do keep up the good work, how long would it take me to reach my goal of 120 lbs? Does anyone have any other suggestions besides the cardio I'm doing as well as the calorie intake?

Thank you!!

Tomato05 responded:
Maybe make sure you stick to the lower of your range (1200 cal). If you do that, and keep to your exercise routine, I would say you could lose between 1 and 2lb a week.

Your cardio sounds great, but any exercise program should also include strength training at least 3 times a week.

Some week you may have hormonal fluctuations, digestive issues, water retention, etc. and not see much of a loss, but don't get disheartened. Just stick to your program and you will eventually reach your goal. Good luck.

peakab00 replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks for your advice!! I'm definitely going to put this to use!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been a healthy weight & kept pretty active. Didn't really get into the whole diet thing however last year I gained 20lbs and cou...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.