Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
watermelon diet challenge
jojo347 posted:
Hi everyone!
I have read so many good things about the watermelon diet, that i've decided to give it a try.
I will be on this diet for 5 weeks starting 05/14/12, because i need to loose some weight before my DR vacation!
I'm starting at 223 lb and i will post my progress every Monday morning.
I will start my day with 2 slices of ww toast drizzled with olive oil (instead of butter or any other spread), a cofee with few drops of milk and 1 sugar, and of course, a multivitamin. The rest of the day will be watermelon every time i'm feeling hungry.
Wish me luck, and i'll post new updates on the 21st!

Tomato05 responded:
Good luck - it is not something I would like to try myself though.

You may lack a lot of things in your diet if you follow this diet, e.g. protein, calcium, certain vitamins and minerals, etc. These deficiencies may cause you to feel tired and hungry.

How many calories do you think you'll consume on this diet? For the same amount of calories you could substitute some of the fruit with veg, lean protein like eggs, tuna, chicken breast and some skim dairy. You will still lose weight, but you would have far better nutrition and feel better.

For example, a wedge of watermelon has almost 90 calories. For the same number of calories you could eat 2 egg-whites, plus a salad consisting of spinach, tomato, cucumber, onion, radishes, celery, lettuce. Or you could have 4 oz of skim yogurt.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 26 year old female looking for a healthier life I started at 180 pounds I would like to be down to 150 pounds before the summer. As of March 1...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 59 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.