Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
creeping back to bad habits
funfilly posted:
Hi everyone, lost some weight and now I find myself going back to my old BAD eating habits - would love a pen pal to keep each other motivated, anyone out there like to join in, I now have a local exercise partner but would like someone online to talk with! ??

brunosbud responded:
"I've had a ______ problem my entire life..."

When we've had a problem for a very long time, its not the "problem" that's at issue...Its the blind and relentless pursuit to solving that problem the same way.

In other words, the key to weight loss is a question of perception...Only by changing your mind, can you ever change your body. Your obsession over food, what's OK& not OK, clouds your line of sight. You must move, more, to improve your health to the point where food choices begin to really make an impact on weight loss. You must travel from point A to point B in order to get to C...

A to C will only take you to WebMD...

Get a pedometer and get yourself to taking 10,000 steps per day. It will take some time and patience, but nothing that was ever worth a damn took anything less. Good luck.

3point14 responded:
Hi there, I'd love to help encourage What are your "bad" habits?
How are you working on modifying them?
SW: 170 CW:138 GOAL: 120

Oh, you know me, I love the universe, I love all the listeners:
watch it!
here's fifty thousand watts of goodwill!
~~The Pixies

llcox54 responded:
This is my first post. I NEED motivation!! I can go all day and fall apart after 9:00 p.m. Mostly, I am tired and bored. I want to lose 15 lbs. Should that be so hard? Yes! I'm starting to walk regularly (3 mi 3 days/wk and working up to 4 mi 4 days/wk.) Every step I go up, I go 1 down. I also have depression and alot of medication. Hopefully, walking will benefit this part of my life, too. Question: How can I get on a steady path?

chevygirl00 replied to llcox54's response:
I do too! Weak part of my day : /

chevygirl00 replied to chevygirl00's response:
could use a pen pal also, that'd be awesome, i keep losing 5 lbs and gaining it back and up and down. I want to find a way to stay consistent.

shebring replied to chevygirl00's response:
This is me !! Losing 5 lbs and re-gaining it back. I am currrently 129 and want to weigh 124 (with muscle). This may seem like nothing to some pple, but its a real issue for me. I just bought a whole cake to eat today (then I threw half of it out in the garbage cuz I was so mad at myself), I have a real problem. I NEED outside support.

MARIEWEBM replied to shebring's response:
This is my first post. I could use a pen friend as well. My main struggle is my lower tummy. I have tried all kinds of work out, however i am not consistent which makes it difficult, and again i work 12hour shift. I would appreciate an outside support.

Tomato05 replied to MARIEWEBM's response:
This is a good place for support, if we all write regularly to support each other. You are right, consistency is essential - in both eating and exercising. Although what counts most for weight loss, is reducing calories, so if you don't have time for a lot of exercise, the consolation is that you can still lose weight nevertheless.

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.