Skip to content
Unemployed and Eating Out of Control
keabercookies posted:
I've been unemployed for almost 4 months and have been eating ALOT! I also sleep ALOT or just sit around. I can't seem to find the motivation to get up and move. My dr. is very disappointed with me (I hhave type 2 diabetes; hight cholesterol and hypothyroidism to boot!) Any advice on how to get out of this rut? I'm applying for all kinds of jobs but have had no luck (yet). I am 5'5 and weight 170. I would like to lose at least 10 pounds by the end of July.

Tomato05 responded:
I'm also at home, and it is easy to get tempted by all the food around.

The best start for you will be to get some sort of structure in your day; stick to regular eating and sleeping times for example. You could set aside a certain time for the job-search, or a certain hour for a walk, etc.

Try to "pretend" you are at work. Without regularity in your day, you could end up snacking all day long with disastrous results.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am in need of some help, support and motivation to lose 15 pounds. I seem to have lost my motivation!!! Last year I lost 30 pounds through Weight Wa...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.