Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying Again
An_245804 posted:
Off and on the last two years I have been working out. This year I started again as my wife also started a workout regime. But this time I hit a snag. About one week into my workouts my right heel began to hurt. The doctor says it is arthritis in my right heel. Can't jog but do walk 5 miles at least ever other day and use a rowing maching. Also ride a stationary bike at least 30 minutes once a week.

Had six-by-pass surgery in 2007, broke every bone in my left foot when I was 16, dislocated my right shoulder when I was in the 8th grade. I'm diabetic with high cholestrol and high blood pressure. I'm on medication as well.

I really want to add jogging back into my workout schedule but don't know how long my heel will be in pain. It's been about four months and I don't if it will ever be pain free.

Tomato05 responded:
It sounds to me as if you are following a very good cardio plan at the moment, no need to add running if your heel is not ready for it yet.

Maybe rather add strength training (with weights) for a balanced exercise programme and muscle improvement.

There is a Fitness and Exercise Board where the expert answers questions. He may be able to give you advice too if you post there.

healthseekr responded:
Watch the video "Forks over Knives" and read the book " Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease" by Caldwell Eselysten. These will change your life!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm a 49 yr. old female trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds. I'm 5ft. and weigh 130 and was just diagnosed as being pre diabetic. Hoping losi...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.