Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Weight Loss
    awayigo posted:
    I have managed over 6 weeks to loose 20 pounds by drinking a "Right Size" smoothie for breakfast everyday and monitoring everything that I eat. The app MyFitnessPal aids in my progress. 1530 calories is my daily goal. I walk 3 miles on treadmill 4 days a week. All my stats are falling, blood pressure, heart rate, BMI, BF. I am on blood pressure meds daily, but with the excersize, that may become a thing of the past after this years annual physical. My question is I have seem to have reached a plateau. I have been at 230-231 for a week now, nothing changed in my diet or excersize. I have 5-10 more pounds I want to achieve, wondering if anyone has any advise to get me over this flatline.

brunosbud responded:
    Reduce emphasis on artificial supplementation of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants by introducing one or two new superfoods to your regular diet...leafy greens, nuts or beans...

Walk 10 mins in full sunlight, daily, & periodically check to be sure vitamin D levels are well above minimum. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 I have two children.A son 9,a daughter 10mths.I have always struggled with my weight.For once I would like to do something about it!!

Helpful Tips

remember good food is okay!
    instead of ignoring cravings, just eat a yummy, healthy snack! starving yourself solves nothing. More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 11 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.