Lose a few lbs
shebring posted:
hello everyone New here. Want to lose a few lbs, and need some support to do it. Hope I will have some success here

TroubledGeek responded:
Hi Shebring!
How many pounds are you looking to loose? What's your goal, if you don't mind me asking. Have you started on the progress?

Good luck and welcome!
-Troubledgeek

shebring replied to TroubledGeek's response:
Hi there TroubledGeek,

Thank you for the welcome. As of yesterday, I weighed 127 lbs. I am 5`4, and would like to weigh about 5 lbs less (which may sound like nothing but I really have an addiction to the sweet stuff). When I am craving something sweet, I have been known to just buy myself a whole cake and I need to stop doing that. Its not healthy in every sense. I feel if I frequent this site, it may assist me with keeping on track and becoming a healthier me. What is your story ? Nice to meet you !

My apologies, I did read your story. So how have you been progressing ? Do you find it helpful checking in on the site ?

TroubledGeek replied to shebring's response:
Shebring,
When you're craving sweet stuff, try strawberries and grapes. Or get a candy bar instead of a cake. Your weight and wallet will feel happier.

I do find it useful to check and stay motivated by reading constantly about new things or articles about weight loss. This week, I've slowed my progress down because I am sick with a sinus and ear infection. Instead of a solid 30 minutes walking, I'm doing only about 20 minutes. I won't stop completely (not even rain keeps me in) but I won't push too hard if I'm sick.

Have you started on anything like tricks, work outs, or anything like that?
-Troubledgeek

Hello again,

Well, I have found a yummy replacement for muffins and choc bars etc. They are: Thinsations Yogurt covered pretzels. Delicious, omg theyre sooo yummy. I allow myself one pkg to take to work each work day. That is my treat. They come in the snack pack (100 calorie) bags. One box has 6 snack pk bags. They really hit the spot for me !! If you have sweet tooth, these are definitely worth a try.

I think this is great, keeping in touch with someone like this. Checking in every once in a while, its just keeps you that much more focussed.

Tomato05 replied to TroubledGeek's response:
Hope you will feel better soon; good for you for continuing with your walk.

Tomato05 replied to shebring's response:
Good approach to find replacements with fewer calories. I tried replacing candy with sugar-free candy, but they upset my stomach, so I am now trying to limit the candy to a certain number.

Sudiemay replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato05, Please be glad your body will not let you take the sugar free things. That stuff is poison!! I have used it for several years and believe me, now I suffer for it. I have fibromyalgia & Sjogren's Syndrome & Arthritis and all 3 cause pain in joints, muscle area. The fake sugar just adds to the pains. I was a "hard headed" person because I did not believe what I read about the fake stuff. The body likes real sugar, real butter and no white veges while trying to loose weight. I have lost 40 lbs since Christmas. [yea!> But I still have a ways to go because of all the medicines I take. You see I gained several pounds while trying different meds, but now I have them set. I started out following the South Beach Diet and a Diabetic Diet because my husband is a Diabetic. We started comparing the two and found them to be similar. We eat veges. fruit, lean meats - beef only 1 time a week, oatmeal w/brown sugar & cinnamon, eggs. bacon, etc... Just no white vegetables, no white bread {we eat grain bread -not often}, there is so much food out there. Just look around and try some new things. Drink lots of water. That is drink lots of water. Drink tea, [we have it unsweet>. I know that you can too!! Good Luck & let me know your progress!

Sudiemay replied to Sudiemay's response:
Oh by the way, I'm Sudiemay, I'm new to webmd. I am enjoying all that I read.

Tomato05 replied to Sudiemay's response:
Hi Sudiemay - congratulations on your weight loss, that is fantastic. It is good that you have found a diet that works for you.

I also believe in a fairly low-carb diet, lots of veg and lean protein, with dairy, fruit and legumes in moderation, and limited starchy carbs. No official diet though, just sensible eating.

I have been using sweetener in my tea and coffee since my late teens (it was all my parents ever used in our house); I am now 48 and still using it - luckily I am healthy though. I don't really use other artificially sweetended products apart from the Weight Watchers Jello.

RhondaGraymond responded:
You don't have much to lose. You can do so by following a low- carb (only eat non-starchy vegetables), high-protein diet. For easy weight loss solutions to your sweet tooth, consider this- low-fat yogurt, oat bran waffles, cinnamon porridge"026the website is FULL of healthy, low-fat recipes you can try.