Skip to content
Eating/Depression out of control!
An_246459 posted:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this community but I am very glad I found it!
I am a 28 year old female, and have been very active all my life, but genetics, yo-yo dieting, and thyroid problems as well as insomnia and depression have kept my weight fluctuating up and down almost 20 lbs throughout the years. I had a serious car accident at the end of January, resulting in 22 fractures (including a shattered pelvis, broken hip, ankle, several ribs and others) and needless to say it took about 3 months in a wheelchair after major surgery before I started walking again. I managed to gain about 10 lbs during that time simply from lack of movement and I was also eating more. I have now gained 5 more lbs because I can't seem to get out of the depression from gaining weight in the beginning! I can't fit into my clothes and have a hard time even showering or being naked in front of the mirror. I do see a therapist and am on anti-anxiety meds and an antidepressant but the weight ultimately makes me very unhappy. I can't seem to get out of a vicious cycle of binging then feeling guilty and ashamed for days, hiding inside my house, then once i finally start getting back on track i have another huge binge (we are talking about 5000 calories at a time). Does anyone have any advice as to how to gain control of myself and get motivation to pick myself back up and put myself together again?

Thanks so much!!

BlueeyesAL

Spotlight: Member Stories

September 2009 - 144 lbs August 2010 - 128 lbs And it's been like that ever since. I only want to lose 10 more lbs, but it's the hardest. ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Clubs-All of them!
Dieting Club: 10 - 25 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 25 - 50 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 50 - 100 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 100+ ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.