Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctor's Visit
STERLINGEA posted:
I had a baby 18 months ago, and I am very active daily. I eat whole grains and lots of vegetables. I was mortified when I went to the doctor yesterday and weighed 156 lbs. My normal past weight has beenin the 140's and I need to change my habits again. I feel defeated already because I am so active, and I feel healthy, but I am boarder-line overweight. I feel I need some encouragement, and today is day one. To everyone one day one, Here we go together!

Tomato05 responded:
It's an advantage already that you lead an active life. Now you just need to "refine" a few eating habits and you can reach the 140's again, which isn't that far away!

Good luck, and let the next doctor's visit be a motivation.

STERLINGEA replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks, Tomato.

My first self weigh in since doc's is Thursday. I have been journaling, and that definitely helps keep me on track. Thanks for the encouragement. If you are fighting any weight battle... Keep on your journey!

Tomato05 replied to STERLINGEA's response:
Let us know what happened with the weigh-in. Maybe a pleasant suprise is waiting for you.

Oh, I am indeed fighting a weight battle. I will have to intensify my fight actually, as I'm not losing any lbs at the moment.

STERLINGEA replied to Tomato05's response:
So, I've been working out and watching what I eat... I suppose still not quite enough. I've gained 3 pounds. I'm again mortified. I don't get it!!!! Hope you are well.

Tomato05 replied to STERLINGEA's response:
Don't despair - this is the way we learn and improve. You have now learned that you are not cutting your calories enough, and you just need to make an adjustment to your intake.

If you take a good look at your diet, you should see where there is scope for reducing your calories. E.g. maybe a smaller dinner, or one snack a day less, or omitting a slice of bread or a potato here or there, etc.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm a 49 yr. old female trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds. I'm 5ft. and weigh 130 and was just diagnosed as being pre diabetic. Hoping losi...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.