Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Soo... it seems to be working!
An_246057 posted:
I started this one month ago tomorrow. I am 5'5", and on June 20th, 2012, weighed 145lbs. I weighed myself on Monday, and was down to 137.5lbs. This is HUGE!

I have been tracking (on webMD) all the calories I eat, and trying to rethink the way I consider hunger. Not being "full" is a pleasant way to end a meal. Going to bed excited for breakfast and coffee the next morning makes breakfast and coffee that much more delicious.

I've gone over on my calories a few days, maybe four or five days, but the weight still seems to have come off. I'm not sure why this is, but the only think I can think of is that I must have been eating A LOT more food prior to tracking it. I think I used to eat a good 500 calories or so a night after dinner.

I'm taking extra calcium, and a multivitamin, and feel pretty healthy. Keep going folks. We can do this.

brunosbud responded:
Good point!

If you've watched survivor programming like Survivorman or Man vs. Wild, what do they say after eating that huge scorpion, thick, juicy larvae or disgusting rat?

"Hmmmmmm!...Mannnn, that's good!"

They're not lying. When you're hungry, anything (and everything) tastes good and food without preservatives tastes the very best...

even, if the legs are moving...

3point14 responded:
Congrats!
SW: 170 CW:134 GOAL: 120

Oh, you know me, I love the universe, I love all the listeners:
watch it!
here's fifty thousand watts of goodwill!
~~The Pixies

Tomato05 responded:
That is excellent, and your success is an example to the rest of us!

shebring responded:
I love what how you said that "not being full" is a nice way to end a meal. I absolutely love that way of thinking. Its so true.
I also agree with going to bed and looking forward to the following mornings breakfast and coffee

I am 5'4, and weigh 126lbs. Im only looking to lose a few more lbs, but for me I need this site as a way to KEEP me on track. Otherwise, Ill resort back to my former ways. Its amazing how much better you feel when you take care of yourself and make the right choices. Makes me wonder why I ever wanted to eat like crap before anyway...lol.

Nice to meet you, very inspiring

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 I have two children.A son 9,a daughter 10mths.I have always struggled with my weight.For once I would like to do something about it!!

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.