Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update--much overdo!
Foreverinyoureyes2 posted:
Hello friends.

I have been crazy busy at work and at home since the moment I returned from Costa Rica!

I just wanted to let you know that things are seriously fantastic on my end regarding the health and wellness front.

Steve and I have been doing Yoga together on Tuesday nights, plus we have been hiking on Sunday mornings, and using Saturday morning to go to our local farmer's market, produce market and natural food store to obtain our weekly supplies!

As a family we have decided to adopt a primarily plant based diet. My oldest step daughter and myself are at about 98% (I say that because since we are not doing this for animal rights reasons, I am not concerned if my soup is made with chicken stock or whatever, and I do not care of my Thai food has fish sauce or whatever.) Steve and my youngest step daughter are at about 90%. They still eat a bit of meat, but FAR less than before.

I have successfully quit smoking. I feel very confident that I will never smoke again, and I have quit before, but I have never said those words, because I have never set a resolve the way I have this time.

I am playing tennis with my bff Saturday mornings, which I love.

We are cooking different types of foods, and really working on savoring and enjoying everything that we eat or prepare.

I am loving every minute of all of this. I feel great physically and emotionally. My relationship has never been stronger, because we are spending so much time together, in a common endevor that we both feel passionately about.

I am still almost 4 pounds over the top of my range, and ideally would like to lose 7-10 pounds over the next few months, but only so that my pants fit well, not because I feel fat. I feel gorgeous and sexy! And my husband keeps affirming that daily.

I hope everyone is well too!

All is just really well.

Tomato05 responded:
Welcome back, and it's good to hear that you are happy and healthy.

Congratulations on quitting smoking - that is a major lifestyle change.

I also have 10lbs to lose. Unlike you, I definitely feel fat, and my clothes are "pinching" me, so I've lost my sense of peace.

3point14 responded:
SW: 170 CW:134 GOAL: 120

Oh, you know me, I love the universe, I love all the listeners:
watch it!
here's fifty thousand watts of goodwill!
~~The Pixies

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am turning 20 in July and I have a husband that will be 23 in September. We have been together since I was 14 and I love him dearly. We have no kids...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.