New Here, 14 to go and ...perhaps more
kjhicks67 posted:
I'm new here to the dieting club but I'm a five week participant on the Webmd Food and Fitness tracker. I didn't know these support forums existed, but I'm glad I found them. I've lost 10 pounds (well tomorrow is weigh in day but I sneaked and weighed this morning..). So, I 've lost 10 pounds in five weeks so far. Last year was the first weight loss for me. From 1 May to 1 August 2011 I dropped 20, then maintained around that until 30 July this year. Today for the first time in like 25 years, I actually see my obliques. So exciting. After five weeks, I'm even more motivated now. When I hit goal of 142, I'll see what I feel like, but I may lower it to 136. I'll see what happens when I get there. Just here to stay motivated and to support everyone else!

Tomato05 responded:
You are doing very well, congratulations! How many calories do you eat a day, and how many do you still have to lose?

kjhicks67 replied to Tomato05's response:
Hi tomato. Interesting question you ask about calories per day because in the tracker it asks if u are a moderate exerciser or very active. For five weeks I had entered "moderate" in that question and in the 5th week it told me I needed 1406 calories. But since I consistently burned around 1400-1600 calories per day, I changed it to "very active" well that bumped the calorie tracker recommendation back up to over 1600 to eat a day which is quite an increase. So now I really don't know which one I should stick with lol. I was thinking about a compromise between the two of 1500. So that's what I'm going to do this week and see what happens. Initial goal is 142 which is 14 to go but perhaps I will change that goal to 136. Waist to Hip ratio says I need to reduce my waist 6 inches as I have very slim hips but a very thick waist so I'm going to need to adjust my goal until I reach a healthy waist ratio. How about you? What's stats?

Tomato05 replied to kjhicks67's response:
I find that "very active"on the calorie burning sites often overestimates the calories one burns. I think by "very active" they mean activity like Olympic athletes do!

I normally just enter a level indicating 'not very active'.

We are all different, but for me I would put on weight on 1500 cal.

Nutritionists generally agree that one can safely eat 1200 cal when trying to lose weight.

Good luck with your program!

I have 10lb to lose.