Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need to lose 20lbs
Crisco58 posted:
Hi I am new and I would love to lose 20lb. I just started working out about four weeks ago I am running on the treadmill and Taken pliates class and a yoga class. I hope this works For about three weeks I've been watching what I eat and I still haven't lost any weight yet I know it is new but I thought I'd lose at least 1 pound I am 54 years old and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to help me start losing weight

diane15 responded:
Hey, I hope you haven't given up! I too have started on my way to lose my first 20lbs.about 4 weeks ago, and it's been discouraging at times as, I expect the pounds would just fall off! But at 59, things do slow down! but, we must persevere as the end result is so rewarding.

KelvinSorter responded:
I guess there is no special conditions for losing weight in old age . Just healthy diet, huge amount of water, exercises, that's all

Sherri1965 responded:
Have you found a means for success on losing the weight?
I'm 47 and need to lose 20# myself... I would love to hear any input you have for successfully losing the weight without starving oneself
I exercise 3-4 times weekly, 30 min each, and am fairly active. Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Ashleigh and I'm 20 years old trying to turn my life into a healthy one! I have over comed a lot of challenges and continue to expiere...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.