Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need to lose 20lbs
Crisco58 posted:
Hi I am new and I would love to lose 20lb. I just started working out about four weeks ago I am running on the treadmill and Taken pliates class and a yoga class. I hope this works For about three weeks I've been watching what I eat and I still haven't lost any weight yet I know it is new but I thought I'd lose at least 1 pound I am 54 years old and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to help me start losing weight

AT105134 responded:
join the food and fitness planner on this site and see if that works for you I joined over a week ago and lost 1 1/2 lbs,,,good luck
Adrienne

missihana responded:
Maybe try a healthier diet. Counting calories is good, but make sure you're getting the nutrition your body need. Also, as you work out, you'll surely gain muscle mass that might balance the scale. As your gain muscle, you'll metabolism will also increase so it's a win/win! Don't give up and I'm sure you'll see results.

slipup responded:
Hi! I'm also new to the site .being 56 yrs old makes it harder I also need to lose 20# for my knees,to make myself feel good, to make moving easier, I weigh 160 and 5'6 but even being over weight by about 20# makes a big difference in the way we feel and energy we have,So I'm going to try Atkins low carb diet,I'm so addicted to carbs and sweets,I'm starting today .so wish me luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 21, 5'11" and weigh 165 lbs. My goal is to be 145 lbs. I have tried to diet several times in the past, but I always seem to gain ...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.