Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Having trouble losing and keeping weight off
    luteb1 posted:
    I have hypothyroidism and celiac disease (gluten/wheat allergy).

I have been doing my best to reduce my calorie intake. I estimate I only eat about 1200-1500 calories a day. I have been exercising at least 5 days a week for the past 9 months, first with a personal trainer doing light TRX, cardio and weightlifting, and then "Insanity" plyometrics, and now I have been running very consistently for the past 9-10 weeks.

I do not weigh myself very often, and the only time I really am aware of my actual weight is when my endocrinologist talks to me about it. In the last 6 months, despite the light diet and high exercise, I've managed to put on 6 pounds!!

Is this something to do with my physical disorders? Is there anybody out there in my situation who has been able to lose weight and keep it off?

Right now I am 5'4", 143 lbs. I'm almost as heavy again as I was after I gave birth the second time! My goal is 125-130. At one point last year I was close at about 135. But to go in this direction, after all the hard work is very very depressing.

Please tell me someone has advice. Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old that has always been overweight. I have 1 daughter and have been married for 14 years .I have always thought I was comfortable with...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
    Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    54 of 61 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.