Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Having trouble losing and keeping weight off
luteb1 posted:
I have hypothyroidism and celiac disease (gluten/wheat allergy).

I have been doing my best to reduce my calorie intake. I estimate I only eat about 1200-1500 calories a day. I have been exercising at least 5 days a week for the past 9 months, first with a personal trainer doing light TRX, cardio and weightlifting, and then "Insanity" plyometrics, and now I have been running very consistently for the past 9-10 weeks.

I do not weigh myself very often, and the only time I really am aware of my actual weight is when my endocrinologist talks to me about it. In the last 6 months, despite the light diet and high exercise, I've managed to put on 6 pounds!!

Is this something to do with my physical disorders? Is there anybody out there in my situation who has been able to lose weight and keep it off?

Right now I am 5'4", 143 lbs. I'm almost as heavy again as I was after I gave birth the second time! My goal is 125-130. At one point last year I was close at about 135. But to go in this direction, after all the hard work is very very depressing.

Please tell me someone has advice. Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

August 2011 I was at a point in my life that i was ready to accept the extra weight i was gaining. Metabolism slows down with age. Exercise is difficu...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.