Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need your support
Lisa0202 posted:
Hello,
I am new to this posting, and happy to be here. It is good to connect with others who have the same struggles. Currently, I am frustrated!!!
I walk 6 miles a day and lift weights. I also push 150 pounds around the back yard for an hour a day. All of this and NO weight loss!!!
My eating is very good. I do however occasionally binge on ice cream or pizza. I definitely have to get that under control. Please give me your prayers or support or wisdom or whatever you have that may help.
Thanks for being here.

Lisa

PetuniaPea responded:
Things that can help:

Drink 8-13 cups of liquids a day (water, 100% juice, broth in soups all count). Staying hydrated boosts metabolism.

Make sure you are eating ENOUGH. You are working out a lot and burning tons of calories. If your body isn't getting enough, it can automatically hold onto weight because it goes into survival mode. Check out an online calorie calculator to see how many calories you should be consuming for your current activity level to maintain your weight...THEN subtract up to 500 calories.

You can burn more calories just by eating whole, unprocessed foods, preferably raw whenever possible. Here's an article I found a while back: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/919/Seven_Reasons_to_Eliminate_Processed_Foods_from_Yo.aspx

When you say "binge," like, how much? The whole carton? The whole pizza? Yes, that can be a problem if it's a lot. One or two slices and a cup of ice cream every once in a while? That's probably not hurting your weight loss...but it's not healthy for you! So yes, find other healthy snacks to replace those with!

Spotlight: Member Stories

one amazing husband one awesome 11 year old son two sweet step-daughters 9 and 7 down 15 pounds since we got married = life is good!

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.