Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't lose weight
kristinam5 posted:
HI, I am a 37 yr old female who has been trying for 4 mths. to lose weight and NOTHING. No pounds or inches have come off. I eat very well, and am at the gym 4-5 days a week. I drink 80 oz. of water a day. I am so frustrated, mad, sad, you name it, I am feeling it! It seems all my friends are losing, but me, nothing. I've had my thyroid tested and it was normal. Looking for someone out there that has been in this situation and has found some way to make it work. I am looking to lose 10-20. But at this point would be so happy to just see 5 come off!

Jimmy133 responded:
Hello!
I am really concerned about your problem. That's sad. Have you ever thought about diet pills, Phenobestin , for example?

qzilla responded:
Hi Kristin, You don't need diet pills. Just track your calories and foods on this website. I was just like you last year. I worked out and thought I was eating well and keeping wine/beer to a glass a day minimum. BOY WAS I WRONG!!

Once you start tracking what and how much you are eating and ONLY eat from the 5 food groups1. -water
2. -fruits
3. -veggies
4. -lean proteins
5. -whole grains
: and cut out ALL processed food/sugar, you'll start seeing the fat melt. Of course you need to workout continually and progress in intensity each week. I've been at this for about 4 months and have lost 10 lbs with the 4 of those being in the last 2 weeks. I'm not a pro at it yet, because it is a science and I'm still learning what works for me, but I can definitely say it's working and I'm getting stronger.

Hang in there girly, and DON'T GIVE UP!!

PetuniaPea replied to qzilla's response:
Agree! No pills required! Don't get sucked into that rabbit hole!

Agree with the food groups! I take it one step further and for my "lean protein," I'm vegan, so I have beans, lentils, quinoa, hemp protein powder, nuts, and other vegan protein powders as my protein source.

Agree! Cut out all processed food and sugar! The fat WILL melt away as it did for me. It went away slooowly for me, so be patient, don't give up, eat healthfully, don't worry too much about the scale, just go on living your life...and it WILL happen.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 55 yr. old teacher that has not had to worry about her weight for some time now. Over the past 2 yrs. i have put on about 20 lbs. My dress siz...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.