Skip to content
I am frustrated about this
cindigal posted:
I thought I was doing everything right until I went to the doctor yesterday. Well, i don't have a scale to tell the truth, I judge by my clothes. In my case I am scratching my head because I went to the doc yesterday. When I got on the scale I was more than the last time i was there. I go to the gym here and go on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes straight with the arm bar and leg at same time. Do a steady pace with intensity level at 3. At home I use my stability ball for sit-ups. I told all this to my doctor because i was highly frustrated that I cant lose. I am watching the diet and I eat just chicken, cooked any way except fried. I eat lot of fruit and veggies. I do alot smoothies in the morning with greek yogurt which i love and its good for you.

I told all of this to my doctor, you know what he says: that's the problem, fruit is loaded with sugar. If you are making smoothies every morning with fruit the calories, it's not good idea. I was flabbergasted, never in my wild imagination that I would told that smoothies are not good. He said that fruit are loaded with sugar and is bad when you are trying to lose weight.

cindigal

BrandiKim responded:
You could also be loosing inches and gaining musle:)

Christine87 responded:
My nutritionist has told me to avoid ALL sugar as much as possible to try to get my metabolism going. I also thought "Well, raw fruit is really healthy...surely I should eat lots of that!" but she said I'm not to have more than 1 handful of fruit per day since I'm having such a hard time losing. She also said that the sugar in the fruit would make it harder for me to lose weight.

I know smoothies are yummy and filling, but try to have protein in the morning instead, and limit all your sugar. A lot of people have good results with that.

cindigal replied to Christine87's response:
Thank you for your input and to feel me better about what I am suspected about fruit and sugar. All the posts I received so far were kinda misleading because no one would really blame on fruit being a negative in some ways. I am glad that your nutritionist gave sound advise and I was glad for that information about smoothies. I used to make one every morning thinking they were healthy until my doc told me to lay off of fruit and smoothies when I am losing weight. Since then I am having Kashi cereal or oatmeal. I was a fan for orange juice for the longest time and now I am looking for low sugar juices in bottles. Thank you for your reply.

Alphadi replied to cindigal's response:
My wife had trouble loosing weight and maintained the same weight for 5 years, but finally she found the system that's shedding off the pounds and is working great. She even started giving it to the kids. You should try it. She and the kids have lost 4 pounds in 5 days. More to come.....
I have free info about this on my website at https://adiawara.shopzrii.com/

cherrie490 replied to cindigal's response:
A great fat burning smoothie. 1 scoop Whey protein, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp dark cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp glucmanan powder for thickness, a dash of vanilla, and a sprinkle of nutstavia pure whitle stavia powder. Blend well

SEFritts responded:
I don't recall if you stated your age in this posting, but it could be that you're pre-menopausal or in menopause which effects your estrogen levels which effects literally everything. I am 54 and had your same problems starting around age 42. I sought out a doctor who was experienced with BHRT (bio-identical hormone replacement therapy) and found relief from a variety of menopause related ailments including not being able to lose even one pound! Once I began the BHRT and changed my diet to eliminate wheat and processed foods, I lost weight without even trying! It was gradual (a pound to 2 pounds per week) and I basically ate with no quantity limits so I wasn't starving. When I added exercise to the equationaa, I lost a few more pounds for a total of 15lbs which put me back into all my clothes that had gotten so tight I couldn't even wear them. BHRT is a God-send for some women but you have to do your homework -- there is a lot of controversy surrounding BHRT, but personally having 10yrs positive experience with it, I would encourage you to at least research it. Also there is a book by Dr. William David titled "wheat belly: lose the wheat, lose the weight" that is right on as far as weight loss and healthy eating goes.

I know how frustrating and depressing this can be and wish you much success on your journey.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to lose weight forever. My problem is being consistent. I will start and then stop. My health is at risk now I am 100lbs overweight...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.