Skip to content
Sugar Struggles
behealthy629 posted:
Any one have any suggestions to beat sugar cravings?

APBoston33 responded:

I have a huge problem with this. I have a serious sweet tooth and going cold turkey does not work for me. I crave something sweet every day, so I live by the 80/20 rule of satisfying my craving. The 80/20 works by selecting a healthier alternative 80% of the time and given in to my craving 20% of the time. So, 6 out 7 days a week I will eat a piece of fruit or vegetable when a sugar craving hits and the one day I have available to eat something bad, I would eat a small portion of the sweet item(s). I hope this helps.

Christine87 responded:
I found when I started trying to avoid All carbs, and ate more lean protein instead, I stopped craving sugary things nearly as often. I think eating simple carbs makes your body just crave more of them. Try limiting all your carbs and see if that helps.

brunosbud responded:
Eat a balanced diet rich in whole foods.

Sugar cravings are a hormonal reaction to your present diet. If you want to stop the "cravings", you need to change the chemical dynamics going down, inside. There's, essentially, two ways to do this, safely...

1. Exercise
2. Diet

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am looking forward to losing 15 pounds and keeping them off for the rest of my life. My real goal is to *not* become a diabetic, which happened to m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Clubs-All of them!
Dieting Club: 10 - 25 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 25 - 50 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 50 - 100 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 100+ ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.