Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Jorge Cruise has this book called 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks
    cindigal posted:
    Has anyone see Jorge Cruise on Tv or read any of his books. I saw this article he wrote about sugar and carbs.

Jorge Cruise, who wrote the new diet book "The 100," which outlines how to restrict sugar, claims hundreds of people who've tried his diet lost an average of 18 pounds in two weeks.

"It's all about the insulin," he said. "Everyone thinks weight loss is all about eat less, exercise more â?¦ a calorie is a calorie and as much as I love equality, I'm not abiding equality when it comes to calories. Not all calories are the same."

So on Cruise's regimen, dieters can't eat more than 100 sugar calories a day

"So here's the total formula, bottom line: total carbs times four," he said. "Total carbs times four will tell you how many sugar calories. â?¦ Say it's 20 total carbs in an apple. Times it by four, you're looking at 80 sugar calories."

For example, Cruise said, one serving of brown rice — about one-fourth of a cup — has 35 grams of carbs. Multiply that by four, and you're already over your daily limit of sugar calories.

Well, here I thought that brown rice was healthy and and now I am discovering that is bad. I was cooking brown rice as a side dish instead of other sides when I cook chicken.

cindigal

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Ashleigh and I'm 20 years old trying to turn my life into a healthy one! I have over comed a lot of challenges and continue to expiere...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
    Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    54 of 61 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.