Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need different ideas for meals
cindigal posted:
Do you ever getting tired of eating the same thing all the time. I love chicken and cook it every way except fried, but I'm getting sick of it right now; I buy the bag of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless from Walmart. You get alot of chicken breasts for the price..around 6.89. That's why i get it all the time. But now I want different things for dinner, but no red meat and I want inexpensive things since I have a tight budget. I don't buy fish because there's a few pieces in a package. I do buy veggies but sometimes you can't make a meal with them. I know I am asking for a tall order but I am wanting different things that will stretch. Lately I have looking at cooking channels and they do alot of Quinoa. I never bought that, but I do like rice and oatmeal. Are there some recipes that uses quinoa. Also I want to lose weight.

cindigal

bethgronland responded:
Good Morning - I have a couple ideas for you. If you have an Aldi's grocery store, please go there to buy your chicken, it is by far cheaper $5.00 per bag. Their produce is awesome, I always buy the the apples, strawberries when in season and many other fruits and veggies to add to my plate. There is a blog "Why I shop at Aldi's" on Pintrest that will help navigate through the store. You can use frozen veggies, they are way cheaper and you can split them into at least three meals. The fish there isn't great but can work. What about Tuna Cakes, those are cheaper than Salmon and tastes great. Quinoa is new to me, looks alot like couscous. I would stick with rice. Brown if you can get it. Pork can get pricey but you can find it on sale. Also Tofu if you like it. might work. Hope that helps.
Beth

Alphadi replied to bethgronland's response:
My wife had trouble loosing weight and maintained the same weight for 5 years, but finally she found the system that's shedding off the pounds and is working great. She even started giving it to the kids. You should try it. She and the kids have lost 4 pounds in 5 days. More to come.....
I have free info about this on my website at https://adiawara.shopzrii.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Age: 20 Sex: Female Height:5'7.5" Weight: 190lb. Size: 8 or 10 with room to spare, always have to wear a belt... Stats:34D, 27.5, 39 Daily Ca...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.