Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
starting up
bethgronland posted:
After a 6 month break I am ready to get back in shape. I feel it is necessary for me to feel better. My hubs loves me no matter what, but noticed the "tummy pooch" and is completely supportive. Just started and walking three times a week isnt doing it. What to do? Help? I know I can find the time, it is a matter of self-motiation. Help?

AlexaDorny responded:
Try to study this article: http://adipexblog.com/using-adipex.html It helped me a lot

brunosbud responded:
Every story of successful, long term weight loss I've read in the last 20 years includes 2 things: a diet rich in whole foods and plenty of daily movement. My suggestion to you would be to get yourself a pedometer to quantify your movement, everyday, find a comfortable an enjoyable distance you can move, everyday, then ingrain the "habit".

Forget about losing weight and just walk, everyday.

Once you've built a solid base of muscle over a few months, then, slowly build your "new" diet. Don't rush! Brick by brick, little by little, drop processed food in exchange for a whole, raw food eating style. There is nothing manic about this most critical process. The more deliberate and methodical, the better...

I've walked 6 miles (13K steps),daily, for many, many years and I've lost zero weight but my measurable metabolics are, all, on the money. In the words of my doctor, I'm "as healthy as a mule". I've been married 25 years and I'd love to celebrate our 50th, someday. As we age, life, clearly, life becomes an energy play. Those who have "it" can stay together and those that don't, grow weary and quit. This is why I'm in "training", now. The stakes get higher but the rewards grow greater, too. It's hard to have a strong mind without a strong body. We'll need, both, if we want to get to 50! Hope the same for you and yours. Good luck!

Gbbch responded:
Possibly look into a diet (foods) that works for your blood type and while I am no doctor but I am speaking from my own testimony, when I googled on what my blood type foods were
I try to work with them and it generally helps you overall not just to lose weight but help your body be in the best shape it can. The doctor that wrote up the one I looked into is named dr. lam and he also explains why certain foods whether good or not work either against you or not (diabetes, hypertension, etc.) This is from my testimony and it's best, if possible to discuss it with your doctor too. Hope this info helps. Best wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

new....27, 5"5' and 169 Hello all! I'm Angie. I started going to the gym in august and trying to get my weight... Posted by asim...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.