Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lack of motivation
An_253294 posted:
This has probably been discussed prior, however, I need assistance. My cholesterol is elevated, that doesn't motivate me, I have a gym membership, rarely can make myself go, blood pressure climbing, in menopause, I am 51 and family hx with MI at young age. Years ago had chest pain with exercise r/o issue but do have some arrhythmia when exercising. I need motivation. I keep saying damage is already done since I am a couch potatoe most of the time. Thanks.

Magrathea responded:
Can't help you with the medical stuff, but I CAN tell you that every little bit helps. I am currently unemployed, thus spent most of my time in front of my laptop or TV. But I suffer from depression, and when it gets to the point where I'm saying stuff to myself that isn't true, THAT'S when I get up and say 'this is ridiculous' and get out of the house or move around for a bit. If you're sedentary, try to set an alarm for every fifteen minutes or so, and set it somewhere where you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to get up and walk to it. Set it to a volume where you can hear it and make it the most annoying or obnoxious ringtone or alarm you can find. THAT way, you HAVE to turn it off. I'm assuming you have a cell phone, and it is NOT hard to find an annoying song or alarm. Give it a try for a few days and see if that does anything.
Good luck!

Alphadi replied to Magrathea's response:
My wife had trouble loosing weight and maintained the same weight for 5 years, but finally she found the system that's shedding off the pounds and is working great. She even started giving it to the kids. You should try it. She and the kids have lost 4 pounds in 5 days. More to come.....
I have free info about this on my website at https://adiawara.shopzrii.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Age: 20 Sex: Female Height:5'7.5" Weight: 190lb. Size: 8 or 10 with room to spare, always have to wear a belt... Stats:34D, 27.5, 39 Daily Ca...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.