Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need motivation and support
sday2226 posted:
Hi all! I am new to this and have never really had to watch what I ate or had to be active to be fit. I have recently gained around 35 unwanted pounds over the past year. I am always on the go and fast food is a downfall of mine. I have no microwave so reheating food is a pain for me. I have asthma and am so out of shape..

I am in desperate need of motivation and support.
I know that I need to change my lifestyle (exercise and eating better), but I am at a loss at where to start.

I know the basics.. cut off the fast food, cut out the pop, and to watch the calories that I consume and of course becoming active.

It comes down to actually sticking with all of this that I am having the trouble!

Please give me support and motivation to start and continue this journey!

monalizzie responded:
All of my life, I have been watching my weight, sometimes with more effort than others, and my weight has gone up from 135 when I married to as high as 159. Right now I am 149 and stuck there no matter what I do, so I am not a whiz at weight loss, but I can tell you how to manage without a microwave and still eat healthy when you are in a hurry. If you own a pot that has a steamer insert and a pan to use in the oven, you are all set. When I was working, I made a menu and shopped once a week, and then prepared all my meals for the week in one day. I washed and cut up vegetables to cook on whatever day I wanted them, and would defrost skinless chicken tenders or frozen fish the day I planned to eat them. Supper could be ready in 20 or 30 minutes everyday. If you want some specific recipes/menus, I'd be happy to supply them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been on a diet my whole life. And I'm sick of it. I want to find a balance of health and happiness through nutrition and exercise. htt...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.