Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Encouragement
movingslower51 posted:
I am 51, 5'2" and weigh 160 lbs.
My midsection seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I do not really eat a lot, and I try to eat healthy. Lately it seems that no matter what I do I cannot loose any weight. This is the first time in my life that I have not been able to loose any pounds when I try. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not eat beef or pork, and I just recently started eating chicken again. I eat a lot of grains, and fiber. All I get from that is gas, LOL. Seriously though I am getting very discouraged, and I feel very uncomfortable in my clothes. I want to loose at least 10 pounds. At one time I was stuck at 150lbs, and now I just want to get back to 150, and lower if possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

marknanrog responded:
I encourage you to use the tools section in Web MD to help you set a goal and determine how many calories you should eat in a day. Until I tracked what I ate, I didn't realize how much little things add up. I am 53 and lost 30 lbs the last year and a half. I have stayed steady at this weight for a number of months, and recently decided I need to seriously watch what I eat again to loose another 5 - 10 lbs. So I am back to tracking what I eat and focusing on staying away from sugar. The tools really help with all of that. Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a proud mother of three beautiful children. I work full-time, and go to school full-time, along with doing an internship for school. I live a ver...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Clubs-All of them!
Dieting Club: 10 - 25 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 25 - 50 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 50 - 100 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 100+ ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.