Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
i want to lose weight
msmollyh posted:
I am currently 24yrs old, 5ft 2inches weight at 137lbs. I really I want to lose weight, but i've been stuck at 130's for 7yrs. I used to be 105lbs only in my teen years. After I had my daugter i blew up. Lately I've been eating healthier meals and exercising at the gym, but I still havent found any fast changes. Any tips on how I can lose weight faster/easier? Also good low calories receipies are also welcome. Thanks!

msmollyh responded:
Im not saying I want to be 105lbs again, but I would like to tone up and be at least in 115-120lbs

brunosbud responded:
I've been, here, a long time so I'd like to share what I've read over the last 6 years...

• The majority of people who write with questions have experienced weight problems their entire lives...20s, 30s, 40s...70s (and beyond).
  • The majority want to lose weight, fast (less than 3 mos).
  • The majority take vitamins, supplements and diet pills.
  • The majority swear they eat "healthy".
  • The majority all have gym memberships.
  • The majority have been, off and on, some form of calorie restriction for decades.
  • The majority have "blown up" multiple times and eventually wind up losing several hundred pounds in their lifetime.
  • The majority cannot sustain a daily exercise program for longer than a few months.

Take a look around, today, and count the number of non-overweight women over the age of 45 (that's where you'll be when you attend your daughter's college graduation ceremony).

At what point, in your "lifetime", will you ask:
  1. "If "tips" exist that can help people lose weight "faster/easier", what's everyone waiting for?"...
  2. "If money can buy weight loss, has everyone lost their jobs?"...
  3. "If people suddenly "blow-up", wouldn't it be better to gain 5 lbs instead of 50?"...
  4. Finally, "If I have such a brutal time dealing with a weight issue, shouldn't I be responsible, now, and find the right answers so my babies won't have to suffer this, themselves?"

Nothing worth a damn in life comes "faster/easier". "Slow and steady" always wins the race. You're learn this, once again, when you read fairy tales to your daughter at night. What? Do you think these stories were written just to put babies to sleep?

marcy57 replied to brunosbud's response:
I agree with much of what you have written. It usually takes a long time to gain weight and most people want to lose what took years to gain in a month. Up until I was 50 I never had a weight problem. I used the calories I consumed because I worked two of the most physical jobs you can have, nursing and construction. I also raised 3 children by myself for 14 years. My weight gain came after I was injured at work, quit smoking and went through menopause. I eat an excellent diet, but not being capable of much exercise is my downfall. Also our diets have changed so drastically from what they were when I was a kid. We didn't have fast food restaurants all over, and when we ate you didn't get enough food put on your plate to feed 3 people like we do now. I found the best way to lose weight is to eat more. I increased my fruit and veggies , take Garcinia Cambogia, and get as much exercise as I can. I increased my fruits and veggies because I have studied my African Gray parrot. If I want him to gain weight I put less food in the bowl. These birds are extremely smart and they know in nature when famine comes there is very little food. As soon as he see's he has just a little food, he eats everything in sight and he gains weight. If I fill his bowl to the top he throws it all over the place and wastes most of it. If I think about the word diet I immediately feel like I'm starving. If I eat big salads, fresh fruit all day long I'm never hungry and certainly don't feel as if I'm on a diet. I eat regular meals also with fish, chicken or occasionally red meat, but when I eat this meal I put it on a smaller plate so my mind thinks there is a lot more. Sorry this is so long, but these are some of the tricks that seem to help me. I have another 15 or so pounds I would like to lose so I thought being on a site with others with weight issues may help.

An_254531 responded:
Hi then you might like to change or make some few adjustments on your diet plan. You might even like to use weight loss supplements to speed up the process of losing weight. You can read more of those effective supplements from here : www.bit.ly/B00CMHTYWY . Remember weight loss supplements will just aid you in losing weight faster but diet is still the most important to thing to take into consideration.

sheloveshertea replied to An_254531's response:
you have no place on this website....you go against the healthy principles of a healthy lifestyle so BY BY.

Spotlight: Member Stories

19 years old. I have troubles with keeping my weight under control. I fluxuate from 116-120 often. I'm 5'4.5". I have a history/curren...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.