Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to lose weight while taking Cymbalta.
wifeoffell posted:
Is anyone who is taking Cymbalta having trouble losing weight? I used to be 110 pounds at 5'5", but since taking Cymbalta I'm at 150 and can't seem to lose the weight. I work really hard on healthier eating and working out, but the scale won't budge. I attribute some of that to muscle gain, but I'm not dropping pant sizes and I don't feel or look any thinner ( I even measure inches and I don't see a change). Then, I get discouraged and fall off the wagon...Does anyone have any suggestions? Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Take the Poll

Have you gained weight while taking Cymbalta?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I'm the same weight
vote
View Poll Results

karenduff responded:
I have no idea about Cymbalta! If I were you I'd replace it with Garcinia Cambogia, It is the most well-received nutritional supplements used by the broad public for losing weight.
http://emiraclegarciniacambogia.com/wonders-of-the-miracle-garcinia-cambogia/

brunosbud responded:
Why not explain why you're taking this powerful drug in the first place? Depression, anxiety, neuropathy or fibromyalgia? Many people were 5'5" and 110 pounds at some point in their lives, man or woman. I was 5'5" and weighed 110 lbs...when I was 12??? When someone posts a weight loss question without any helpful background information, it's like playing Wheel of Fortune with two letters...what's the point?

brunosbud replied to karenduff's response:
Yeah, karenduff, she may have major depressive disorder and you advise her to stop taking a prescribed medication and replaced with voodoo supplements. Nice!

Spotlight: Member Stories

well i need to lose over a hunderd and then some pounds, i had a stoke and then while i was recovering from that i learned i had copd/empjysema and ...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.