Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ice cream makers...debating on buying one
cindigal posted:
I love ice cream or frozen yogurt in the summer better than other desserts. I usually opt for the low carb kind but it's very costly these days. I perused the internet for look for recipes that do NOT need heavy cream or eggs. Even frozen yogurt recipes and there's myriad of recipes, which to someone like me, it's daunting. I am asking if anyone out there has a ice cream machine and are they good for the job.

I saw recipes that do NOT need ice cream maker and have many steps to them. I saw one that uses canned evaporated milk, powdered sugar and you refrigerate the milk one day ahead, then then you whip and whip till peaks form. Add the sugar and freeze in a storage container in take it out every hour to whip the concoction again. Do this each hour for 4 hours. Seems like a chore to get ice cream. I saw frozen yogurt recipes that uses nonfat or lowfat yogurt , real fine sugar, lemon juice and whatever kind of fruit you want. They didn't have as many steps.

I am asking if anyone out there has a ice cream machine and are they good for the job.

cindigal

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for many years. I have gotten to the point where I am trying to manage stress, eat better and exercise on a regu...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.