Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
August Roll Call
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
  • Name (or what you would like us to call you on the board

* Part of the world you call home

* How long have you been working on your program?

* Starting/current/ending numbers, if you are comfortable with sharing those

* Goals for this month

* What do you look forward to this month?

megan_ash1981 responded:
    ~ Megan ~Utah is home! ~I have been working on losing weight since last December. My problem is keeping off the weight I lose! I need to learn how to make healthy lifestyle changes, and not go back to old eating habits. ~My high weight is 145 I am currently at 135. I would love to reach 125 by Sep 22. That is my goal if I lose 2 lbs per week. ~My Goal this month is to eat 1200 calories of nutrient dense foods and to exercise at least 1/2 hour a day. ~This month I look forward to school starting back up. I am a senior and am quitting my job just to do school.

ctina517 responded:
  • Name: Christina

• Part of the world you call home: New Jersey

• How long have you been working on your program?: Just starting out! I'm a newbie here on the board!

• Starting/current/ending numbers, if you are comfortable with sharing those: Started at 125 last Monday - down 1 lb as of this morning

• Goals for this month: Drop another 5-6 lbs *hopefully*

• What do you look forward to this month? Vacation
  •  
    Tomato05 responded:
    - I'm Tomato for purposes of the board.

- Living in Australia now.

- I've been on the board a long time - probably to 3 years. I reached my goal weight once briefly, but gained it back, and I refuse to leave the board until I reach it again.

- I need to lose about 7 or 8 pounds. I'm 45 years now, so the weight creeps on very fast if I don't watch it. I'm fighting the middle age spread.

- My goal for this month is just to continue with my exercise and gradual food intake changes and improvements e.g. eating fewer sweets, more fish, more beans. Losing about 2 pounds would be nice too...

- I look forward to getting fitter and stronger, adding a few new strength exercises and running a few kilometres more. I also look forward to getting into more of a routine/set pattern with my eating, which is too unstructured at the moment.

Charleneslast10; responded:
    Charlene - I'm a California native. I have been working on exercise for 4 years and have been trying to add vegetables and fruit into the diet for the last 6 months or so. I started at 136 and went up to 138, but my goal is to be 130 lbs. My goal for this month is to see the scale at 132-134 lb range. I think that weighing on Monday is not the best because of the weekend - . I look forward to more vegetables and more exercise.

; responded:
    Hi, I'm Elizabeth - I'm from Orange County, CA. I have been working on losing weight for years. It seems I'm either in the losing weight or gaining weight phase - can't seem to be able to maintain. In January I bought a dress for my daughter's wedding, and now I'm 2 sizes to big for it. I have 11 weeks to lose at least 10 pounds to get back into it. My goal for this month is to continue trying to restrict my calories, and being consistent with working out.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome Elizabeth.

Where are you running into problems with the calorie restriction? What would help you be more successful with working out consistently?

pittykitty32 responded:
    Name Krissy

• Part of the world you call home: Northern CA

• How long have you been working on your program? umm a long time..

• Starting/current/ending numbers, 142/139/-hopefully ending at 128

• Goals for this month working out at least 4 times a week & no cheating!

• What do you look forward to this month? feeling better & getting my stamina back
  •  
    Calebsmom67 responded:
    Laura
  • Part of the world: Minnesota!

• 4 weeks

• SW: 205/CW: 193/GW: 160-ish

• Month's goal: 8-10 lbs lost - add more veggies and fruit to my diet and step up my excersize a bit

• What do you look forward to this month? - Wedding in the family - Not mine (thank GOD!)
  •  
    alicialarson09 responded:
    Alicia
  • Wisconsin
  • Just started 3 weeks ago.
  • starting 200, current 194, ending hopefully 180.
  • umm not eating out all the time, learning to over come the junkies.. finding healthy recipes. exercising more.
  • and i am looking forward to school and starting my new job!
  •  
    TraceP responded:
    Tracey P from CT - I have yo-yo'd since November on my program - I need comraderie. I weigh 169 and would like reach 155 lbs. My goals for August are to increase physical activity and monitor my food intake I look forward to losing a pound a week this month.

Ames22783 responded:
    Name: Amy

I live in New York City

I started my diet yesterday, 8/9

Starting: 150, 5'8

Goal: 130

Goal for the month: Lose at least 10 pounds

Look forward to buying some new jeans!!

readytogo2day responded:
    Amy

New York City

Started yesterday!

Starting: 150, Goal Weight: 135

Goal for the month: Lose at least 10 pounds

Buying new skinny jeans!!

Welcome Amy.

10 lbs in a month is a tough goal to do and maintain. 1-2 lbs per week is more typical.

How are you going about your diet?

Yay to new jeans.

Welcome Tracey! We look forward to helping you with reaching your goal by supporting you, offering our tips and our trials!

Spotlight: Member Stories

19 years old. I have troubles with keeping my weight under control. I fluxuate from 116-120 often. I'm 5'4.5". I have a history/curren...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
    I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.