Skip to content
September Roll Call
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Happy September! This is the place to introduce yourself and share your goals for the month.

Name (or what you would like us to call you on the board

• Share a hobby that you enjoy.

• How long have you been working on your program?

• Starting/current/ending numbers, if you are comfortable with sharing those

• Goals for this month-Be sure they are specific, measurable, attainable, reasonable and time-specific

• What do you look forward to this month?
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

pittykitty responded:
    Yea! Happy September !!

• i enjoy going to animal parks,museums, and of course hunting for that illusive bargain.

• on my current "go get em" program.. 1 week (i dont count previous attempts as it was a step in the right direction.. )

• starting 144.6 current 143.3 ending with a healthier me.. (and hopefully thats around 130 or so..)

• goals are to keep it up at the gym.. (yeah for 45 min cardio yesterday!) and to stick to my diet.. (besides my birthday, but even then only a little splurge..)

• i look forward to gettin back on track and of course my 28th birthday! yippee were goin to the melting pot! (a sweet fondu place~ & yes, im planning my meal ahead and checking calories!)
  •  
    Taylove11 responded:
    Hey everybody! I haven't been on this board in a while. I hope you don't mind me joining you again! Last month, I tore my lower abdominal muscle and have been recovering for the past three weeks. Needless to say, I haven't been exercising or really sticking to a diet (DH has been cooking) lately because of this.

Name: Taryn

Share a hobby that you enjoy: I love to go shopping, walk my puppies, and play softball

How long have you been working on your program? Going on 3 months...

Starting/current/ending numbers, if you are comfortable with sharing those: SW 160, CW 156, GW 135

Goals for this month-Be sure they are specific, measurable, attainable, reasonable and time-specific: My goals are to get back into a regular exercise routine, losing 5 pounds, and eating healthy snacks.

What do you look forward to this month? I am looking forward to DH's b-day. I am trying to plan a surprise weekend getaway!

megan_ash1981 responded:
    September already!

Name: Megan

Hobbies: Well since winter will be here before we know it, I can say that I enjoy snowboarding here in Utah! One of these seasons I am actually going to get good, and it is an excellent work-out!

I have been doing my program about nine months now... with a few setbacks.... But I have lost so that is a plus... just need to keep going!

I started at 145/I am currently at 131 (STILL!) and hoping to end at 125.

My goal for this month is to hit that 125 goal that I set for myself back in July. If I can get over this plateau, then I think I can do it. I have been increasing my exercise and hoping that will help!

I look forward to september weather... it finally starts cooling down and is the perfect temp. ( good for outdoor jogging )

jslaga responded:
    Hi everyone; happy September!

I am new to this board--hope I'm in the right place. I am a teacher and a musician (sing opera, but also play violin in an amateur orchestra).

I've been getting in shape for nearly two years now, started at 170lbs, and currently at 128lbs. My final goal weight is probably around 110?

My goals for this month are to: plan 80% of my weekly meals on Sunday and then stick to the plan; and to drop 3-4 pounds.

I look forward to learning some new, tasty ways to eat vegetables. (I *loathe* vegetables, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love them!)

-JS

MelBrody responded:
    Hello All!

- I enjoy watching UFC!

- I have been working on my weight since Febuary so around 6 months.

- Started at 163, Now at 143, Took a while but I lost 20 pounds!!! I have had a plateu and a few bad weeks but I am getting there slowley but surely

- My goal for this month is to lose 4 pounds and get into the 130's.

- I am looking forward to being proud of myself for hitting my goal!! I will really try to not eat fast food or go nuts over the weekend since that is one of my major pitt - falls.

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

rita2468; responded:
    Thank you Louise! This is another great idea to get to know each other a little better. My name is Rita. I live in Southern California (LA County). Yes, I'm currently in the midst of a cloud of smoke originating from behind the San Gabriel Mountains.

I love to walk my dog, read mystery and suspense novels, and shop!

I have been working on my program since the 20th of June. I started at 162 pounds, and I am currently at 147 - so I have lost 15 pounds in a little over two months. I want to get down to 135 pounds.

I have to work harder at losing weight now that I am a little closer to my goal, so an attainable loss by the end of September (let's say by October 1st)would be three pounds. That would leave me within 9 pounds of my goal.

I look forward to balancing my work (which I begin on Tuesday, Sept. 8th) with my exercise routine. I need to develop a strategy that I can stick to.

washmogrl responded:
    Hi everyone.. this is Maria. I like to ride my bike by the trail next to the river in washington, MO. It's mentally relaxing to ride my bicycle.. I am just now realizing that my pants are getting a little too tight for me and I don't want to "rock the beer gut!" I am starting my program now and hope to lose ten pounds, which will be extremely tough because I have pretty much been at this weight for a long time and it seems to be the average.

I am 5'7 and weigh ~149 lbs. I would like to lose 10+ pounds and would love to be at 135 lbs if possible, someday. I want to continue to lose the cellulite and tone up my belly area.

My goal for this month is to try and ride my bike at 3 times per week (I may have to do this on the weekends because my schedule is crazy!) I will shoot for Monday, Tues, and Friday evening because those are the nights my husband can watch the kids.

Food-wise; I will not eat fast food unless it is a sandwich, so no McDonalds this month. Start drinking diet soda only. limit my coffee intake to 2 cups with sugar (more if I use splenda). Drink 2 cups of water a day on days that I don't ride my bike (I know two cups doesn't seem like a lot to some of you, but this is a lot for me.. I don't drink water unless I am out on my bike).

I look forward to a skinnier next month!

Roller_Baby responded:
    Roller_Baby enjoys roller skating although I have not got in the habit of going to the rink in my new neighborhood ... it is a further drive now ...

Today is my first day in the program. I am 138 pounds (size 10). Just a few years ago, I was 118. Right now, I would like to set my first mini-goal at 125. Eventually, I'd like to get back in my clothes (which are size 5). I recently had surgery, so I gained this weight back that I had lost a few years ago due to inactivity. I'd love to be 125 or less when I head to Florida for vacation in about 8 weeks.

Goals for this month would include excluding alcohol from my diet. I don't drink "a lot," but I have been drinking a beer or two with my husband while watching TV and eating hot wings (which may also have to be eliminated). Also, instead of the beer, I will begin drinking noncaloric drinks such as water, unsweetened tea, and coffee.

I look forward to obtaining some new healthy recipes, especially some for pasta if anyone has some.

DavidScript responded:
    ROLL CALLLL!!! I am new to the forums, but I am def interested in being part of this group. I am working towards my goal of losing 10 lbs in 2 months. I am on a strict diet, and just started a weight loss drug called phentermine. Pumped! Anyone else with me!!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome David. It sounds like you have quite the plan set up to help you lose weight. I hope you will share that enthusiasm and excitement often with us.

I am so behind in welcoming everyone new. I am sorry! I really look forward to each of you posting more often and sharing your journey with us.

Roller-baby-I have made the switch to the higher fiber/high protein pastas and am working on using more vegetable type sauces and ditching the cream/cheese sauce types. Fortunately, a butternut macaroni and cheese from Elaine Magee has saved me there! I like to chunk up some fresh veggies and lightly saute them until they are tender and toss with hot pasta and a bit of olive oil and basil.

melode717 responded:
    Hey DavidScript. Louise posted me that you had recently joined and are taking Phentermine. I was looking for people who are using this drug. I'm wondering if you are feeling any side effects? I have had none and I'm not sure it's even working. That just seems so weird to me! How is your weight loss going and how much do you think the Phentermine has played a roll. Thanks for letting me pick your brain

Melode

anewday441 responded:
    For normal healthy adults who work in office type environments I recommend 2 meals per day and walking. Eat a healthy breakfast of carbohydrates and protein. Drink plenty of fluids during the day. This goes against alot of popular thinking but popular thinking has led us to be a nation where over 30% of us are obese. You won't have to count calories. Supper is to be enjoyed fully. Don't deprive yourself. Eat a balanced meal of meat, vegetable, carb such as bread, rice, noodles, fruit etc. for supper. If you would like to have dessert now and then thats OK, just do so within reason. That is the beauty of of this plan. You won't feel deprived and you will slowly achieve a healthy weight. Always discuss any diet change with your doctor. If you would like further info please see my biopage.

Some of my heaviest co-workers when I have worked in offices have been the chronic meal skippers, the ones too busy to think about lunch or a break.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for many years. I have gotten to the point where I am trying to manage stress, eat better and exercise on a regu...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
    1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.