Skip to content
Getting panicky already.....its Tues
Cindigal posted:
Okkk.....you need to know the dynamics of my family to understand (i think). Does anyone have meddling older sisters that tell you what to do ...for your whole life.....and I am in my late 40's....geeez. So my sister from chgo called me and said that my other sister from CA. will be in town at end of weekend and she asked me if i wanted to go there. Of course I will go there to see my sister from calif. Otherwise I wouldn't, you need the story to understand. My sister from Cal is younger than I, she's mellow....like most people from cal. At the other hand, my sister in chgo is like my other sister in Florida, aggressive, meddling. Then my niece is very gabby with two daughters, and a nephew with a spoiled bratty daughter. Well....suffice to say....whenever the whole clan get together I tried to avoid, and give any excuse to not go there.

Needless to say.....since i don't drive, I have to take a train to my sister. My son lives 5 miles away from me, and he doesn't want to drive to see the family (I don't blame him). I think he has motives....don't you think. I don' really mind the train I have my magazines. The only reason I am going there is for my sister in Cal. I have to put up with all the big mouths and bratty kids running around. I know, you want to call me a b**** lol. I just like my peace and quiet, and walk around with my shorts and t-shirt if i want to. I have to list today.....yes. What to bring....I am going saturday. I have to eat certain things, which....i will pack for the trip. Dry things i can pack; I drink whey protein powder 2 times a day. Every morning i drink that for breakfast and then I have protein bars and other things i have to eat. Question: I should not even consider this, if you were me.....going to family...do you think it's offending to say you have your own things to eat.....and you cant really eat their food....??

pallzy responded:
Absolutely not. You are on a path to a healthier you. Take with you what you need. Hopefully they will understand that you are working on you, and are sticking to your plan, and not trying to offend anyone. Do what you need to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lauri and I am an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer in the Indianapolis Area. I'm 47 years old and the mother of 3 teenagers and a Shih-T...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.