Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Watermelon Diet....
Mrs_Sandoval posted:
So I have a friend who went on the Watermelon diet (where you take vitemins and eat only Watermelon) for a month in a half and lost 60lbs. Due to tweaking it a little, she has kept the weight off and didn't get sick on the diet. I started today and for some reason I am super energized! I love it!

Tomato05 responded:
Just make sure you get enough protein from some source too (protein powder, egg-whites or something), as well as enough calcium or you could lose bone density too, not only weight.

I would seriously tweak this diet too in order to prevent seriously lowering my immunity too if I were you (add things like protein, dairy, green veg). You cannot obtain all the nutrients you need on a daily basis from only one type of fruit and vitamin tablets. Humans are omnivores - we need to eat a variety.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Fad diets aren't a great way to take weight off and keep it off. Taking vitamins and eating only watermelon is unlikely to be healthy for a number of reasons. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss efforts but hope you will consider something more moderate that allows you to change your habits for life.

Mrs_Sandoval replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have good eating habits as well as a good exercise routine but it is so hard to shed these last few lbs...I have done the no carb diet which is also not good for you and lost the weight I wanted. I kept it off for 4mo and then ended up pregnant. At 4mo I miscarried and got really deppressed so I gained it back. I am tweaking this diet and thanks for the advice!

Mrs_Sandoval responded:
So, I did the watermelon diet for 4 days because my Dr said to do it no longer than that and I lost 8 lbs! I am so excited. I eat until I'm full and then I stop. I am on a strict workout schedule and I see my body tightening. I love it! Thanks for everyones support! I cant wait until I am finally at the size I want to be!

fedupagain replied to Mrs_Sandoval's response:
how do you get your energy to work out after eating nothing but watermelon? I have to have decent breakfast before i work out otherwise i wont last long. I love watermelon and eat it daily but as a snack between meals.

myweightjourney responded:
That is wonderful. I'm going to give the watermelon diet (vitamins and watermelon) a try starting tomorrow. I will keep my results posted.

jambajuice replied to Mrs_Sandoval's response:
"...4 days because my Dr said to do it no longer than that..."

"...Thanks for everyones support!..."

Exactly, whose support did you follow?

Anyway, best of luck.

thegirlwhocan78 responded:
did she do exercise? and did she eat the amount she wants or did she have a certain amount to consume?

thank you ,and i would appreciate it if you answer...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to lose weight forever. My problem is being consistent. I will start and then stop. My health is at risk now I am 100lbs overweight...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.