Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm 25 years, 5/2, and a 160 lbs
rgul05 posted:
I had gotten some control on my eating habits, but it has all gone down the drain ever since I started back with school. I eat anything and as much as I want. My exercise has cut back a lot because of the busy schedule. I need to lose weight 25 lbs. Please help someone!

brightidea responded:
Wow... I am 5'2" and got up to 160 lbs too! I've lost a little over 30 lbs from last November, trying to lose about 15 lbs more.

All I know is that you have to really, really want to change things in your life. Losing weight is more of a mental battle than a physical one. You've got to ask hard questions. Why am I overfeeding? Why am I harming myself for this thing (food)?

All I can say is that you have to realize that eating whatever whenever is a destructive behavior. Include small amounts of exercise throughout your day, drink plenty of water, cut out empty calories completely, motivate yourself with hope for the future and stay positive. Celebrate each small victory with a non-food reward!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome. This article is really great for college students.

My tips as a former university employee and mother of three kids of college age:

1. Remember not to drink your calories as alcohol
2. It takes as long to eat as much as you want as it does to eat a reasonable portion and then go for a short walk.
3. Not overloading your body with food will make your brain function better and you will do better in classes.
4. Exercise improves focus. (so saves time)

GreeenEyes11 responded:
Well the good news is you realize that your eating is a little out of control. My advice would be to start with small changes, for example if you are someone who likes to eat whenever you want, then make things like carrots, bell peppers, pickles, fruits, portion controlled packs of nuts..You know healthier options always avaliable for grazing, other options after a meal or snack stick a piece of strong mint gum in your mouth...what really sounds good with mint in your mouth???

lissmeanstrouble replied to GreeenEyes11's response:
Ahhhh. I think I drink my calories in alcohol... I agree with Bright idea its important to celebreat victory with NON FOOD REWARD, I have been making the mistake of rewarding a good week of dieting with a food reward, I think that keeps setting me back though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 44 year old female with 4'11" ( 158 lbs). I weighed 136 lbs last year. This year in March, I was 144lbs, but in 3 months, I gained 18 lb...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.