Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new....27, 5"5' and 169
asimpso82 posted:
Hello all! I'm Angie. I started going to the gym in august and trying to get my weight under control. I have a 14 month old son and my boyfriend is in the military and currently deployed in Iraq. My thigh is about the size of his waist. LOL I've lost 7 lbs since the start. My trouble zones are waist/hips, thighs and upper arms. I have a lot coming up in the next year that I'd like to look and feel better for. My boyfriend is coming home, Im turning 28 in November, I have 2 weddings Im in and my 10 year class reunion is next year. I've never been super skinny but i was athletic in high school and the weight just kept adding up over years. I finally had it when I had to buy a size 14 pants and my son was over a year old. I gained 12 lbs in a year after having my son. I just want to be healthy for my family. My goal weight is 145. Protein shakes and portion control along with going to the gym at least 2 times a week for atleast an hour and a half each session are whats working for me. I am trying to get to the gym more but being an army wife of sorts gives me limitations. I am more and more inspired by the Biggest Loser. I also have started a series of at home DVDs by Jillian from the Biggest Loser. I want to live my life without having to worry about what clothes are gonna hide my fat rolls. lol Hope everyone has a good day!!!!!

*Every day is one day closer to where I want to be*

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Angie! I am glad you have joined us. Definitely find the others in the same situation. I know that you won't be the only mom of a young one and wanting to lose some weight before their boyfriends get home.

lissmeanstrouble replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I know that sounds like the most amazing idea is to have your man come home to a new you. I havent really seen much of the biggest loser, alot of good television is on at time where I am work I guess! But I am with you, that I am tired of tryin to find clothes that will hide how fat Ive gotten

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Angie!

It sounds like your head is really into this, so keep up the good work with your goals! It's also great that you have these things to look forward to, reminding you that you want to reach a healthy weight for such events.

You are doing a great job! BTW, I love the Jillian videos, too! Man, she does not let up on you at all. I often find myself yelling back at the screen, but feel great after the workout! Keep us posted on your progress!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone!!! I have always been active and pretty consistent with working-out but lately I've neglected to make time and have been using scho...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.