Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Motivation -
ches_1201 posted:
So, I am attempting to lose 15 pounds by this summer. I am very insecure, but motivation is so hard to develop. Its like I'm depressed or not seeing the full picture. I am probably going to lose my marriage if I don't get in shape.. my husband straight up told me he was not attracted to me and could not handle it anymore. I work an office job so I am sitting down at a desk all day. There is a kitchen in our office so they cook a big breakfast and lunch each day. I don't have much motivation either because I am restless when I get off and my husband expects me to go home and take care of those things as well, and he gets aggrevated if I leave early in the mornings.. anyone have any tips? I need something to stick in my head to help me not eat and help me keep going each day. Maybe if I had some sort of competetion to go against.. I'm 5'4 and weigh about 130. I look and feel best at about 110-115. anyone want to compete lol

mariecc_14 responded:
Sure i want to compete. Me and you are in the some boat. our BMI and wieght is in the healthy range but i need to lose at least 10 lbs so i can feel great in the summer clothes. I am 5 ft 2 and weighed 129.6 lbs on sunday :). so i got i head start by .4 lol. I eat 1000 to 1200 cal everyday because like you my work keeps me from being active so i diet more. I plan on hitting the gym tonight though.

Lets try to be 1lb lighter this time next week :)

mariecc_14 replied to mariecc_14's response:
Wanted to say sorry about the problems with your marriage; i hope at the very least losing some vanity pounds will help Your self esteem if nothing else.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ches and Marie,

I'm in! Starting another month, ready to find the right time to exercise around a work schedule. It is hard, but we CAN find the time.

Ches, let your husband know that you need some time to compete with us and find a healthier, happier new you for the both of you! I am going to start with early morning routines! What about you?

What is your daily diet looking like, now? The members here can really give you some great advice on making changes, so you can take advantage of that kitchen at work! Bring a breakfast/lunch, use the fridge and forget what everyone else is eating! You can feel better again with some motivation. I look forward to hearing more!

ploy40 responded:
I wish you all the best for your marriage.

I hope you want to lose weight to look good and to feel good for yourself.

I will jump in on any weight loss competition this year. I'm so motivated at the moment!

2beskinny responded:
What is it that you want out of weight loss? Getting healthy? Fitting into that favorite pair of pants? Or looking amazing when you walk in the room. Focusing on what is in it for you (and less on your husband's needs) may be the best way to take good care of yourself and meet your goals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently came home from a deployment & gained 20 lbs I can't seem to lose! Life & family issues have sapped every ounce of motivation to...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.