Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here...Dr told me I have to lose weight!!!!
frustrated1962 posted:
I'm new to this community and hope that having other ppl in the same boat as I am will help motivate me.
I gained 20 lbs since my last appointment with my heart doctor, so he's encouraging me to lose it since my cholesterol went up this time. I'm 48 years old, 5'9 and 170. I have a large frame so it's easy to tell myself a little weight won't be noticeable. Then after I gain a few, I get frustrated with myself for giving into my cravings. I walk 3 miles in 45 minutes every day, but that's as strenuous as I can get with my heart problems. I try to eat healthy, but sometimes the calorie intake is way too much.
Glad to be part of a community that have similar circumstances.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome to the Community!

Well, you sound like you are on a roll with the exercise, which is great! What do you find to be the hardest part of sticking to a healthy diet? What are the cravings that you have the most trouble with and how would you describe your diet on a daily basis?

Good job listening to your doctor and looking for ways to support your healthy change! I'm sure that the members here can help you with their insight and stories. Please keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lets get right to the chase i am overweight, and in college and want to have a great experience. i dont dream of being "skinny" whatever tha...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.