Skip to content
Update
Foreverinyoureyes2 posted:
So today was the end of month 1 of our work weightloss challenge.

So yesterday I weighed sort of unofficially, just to see what I could expect today, and the scale was very nice to me, showing a loss of 1.5 from last week. I was pretty stoked to weigh in today...

BUT...there is always a but...this morning A/F showed up with all of her water-weight baggage, so my loss today was .5! Dang it!

Actually I can't complain too much, since I generally gain 2+ pounds with my cycle, so the fact that I lost at all from last week is a medical miracle.

I made it to the gym Sunday-Thursday this week. And I may go tonight with my hubby for some ellipitical time, and a friend wants me to go to pilates tomorrow, but I am not sure I will join her. I need to give my body at least 1 day of rest this week, and I do not want to burn myself out. But who knows. I might go anyway!

My eating has been right on track this week, but now I am looking towards the weekend. Weekends are the bane of my exhistence! I have SO much trouble staying on track. Too many treats. I need to keep it in check. So that is my mini goal.

Tomato05 responded:
Things are definitely moving in the right direction for you - well done.

Yes, it is important to take a day or two off from exercise - I find if I don't do it, I become "listless" in the gym, and it seems like such a major effort is required. On the one or two days a week I give the exercise a break, I usually do the housecleaning, so I am still somewhat active.

Maybe allow yourself a mini treat on the weekend too, just because weekends are special after all! As long as things don't get out of hand completely.

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Good, like you say, Forever, you usually go up 2 when AF shows up.....so .5 is "under control". You will probably show a nice loss after she goes.

Yeah, weekends....I really had to get a handle on the # of "treats" and PORTION CONTROL. For me the yo-yo thing was huge. I got tired of working very hard during the week, only to gain the weight back by Mon.. I allow for a few extra drinks and one meal that goes a bit over on carbs(but I try to portion control somewhat) and I get exercise in on the weekend (that was somthing I was lax on). So, in the past, I on weekends I over ate and exercised less.....gee, go figure why on most Mondays weigh-ins were depressing!!! LOL

Barb Happy Saturday!

ploy40 replied to jean4u's response:
like reading my own stories

We just have keep trying... (especially after vacation)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Great work, Forever! You should be proud and looking forward to more success in April.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mother of 4 teenage girls, one heading off to college :) three still home. Love life and living the dream, but need to get happy/back in shape.

Helpful Tips

Diet Clubs-All of them!
Dieting Club: 10 - 25 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 25 - 50 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 50 - 100 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 100+ ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.