Skip to content
Sugar Craving Block
2beskinny posted:
Anyone have success in cutting out sugar and white carbs? I get to my weight loss goal and hold them for weeks and then go on a carb-eating binge and so long feeling skinny. Anyone had success in overcoming this?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome 2beskinny!

I have definitely done this many times when I get to my goal weight. I feel good about what I have done, comfortable in my body and clothes, so I decide to splurge and ruin it all?!? Ugh.

I'm sure that you are not alone here! What works for me is being aware of what foods I tend to splurge on and not buying them at all or in small quantities. Of course, a food journal helps tremendously because when you have everything on paper you really see those little bites throughout the day that you often aren't aware of.

What tends to be your weakness when it comes to the splurges?

ploy40 responded:
I used to drink coffee with 2 tbsp of sugar, and no, I'm not kidding.

One day I woke up and decided that I would cut the sugar out and I did just that. No more sugar in my coffee ever since.

I've been good with carbs in general. I usually have only meat and veggies every meal with an exception of Saturday lunch which I will have a bowl of any kind of Asian noodle soup.

I have bread, rice or bakeries every once in a while, but try not to over indulge it.

I guess you just have to do it as a life style change, not a quick fix one. Once the body gets used to it, you will be good for life. At least that how it works for me.

Good luck.

2beskinny replied to ploy40's response:
Thank you for that honest reply. It sounds as if it is a decision I must make for my health and well-being. i will give that a try: quit trying to live with them. Instead, just let go of them completely and make a decision to do so.

Thank you for your inspiration!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old that has always been overweight. I have 1 daughter and have been married for 14 years .I have always thought I was comfortable with...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.