Skip to content
April Goal Time!
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
It is time to make our new monthly goals for April! Personally, I am motivated this month with the warm weather approaching and more opportunity to get out and move around.
Let's get ready for a great month! :)

Did you meet your March goal? How did you do?

What is your new goal for April? (diet, exercise, weight, whatever?)

My goal is to: exercise, whether elliptical, dvd, biking, etc. for at least 30 minutes 4 days a week to tone my body! I would also like to work on cooking more balanced meals for myself and my little one.

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
Hi Amelia~!

My April goals are very specific. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am feeling as though April and May are sort of "crunch" time, because I really want to be in great shape for the summer months.

My goals are to:

Go to Strong class at my gym at least 2 days a week. (3 would be better.)

Continue 2-3 days of cardio at the gym.

Keep my eating on track, particularly on the weekends.

I would like to lose a minimum of 8 pounds in April.

Happy Monday to all!

mariecc_14 responded:
I am doing good for my goals. I started the year at my heavest ever at 135 lbs.
Feb ended the month at 132 lbs
March ended with 128 lb!!!!
I was only expecting to lose a pound or 2 in March but i surprised myself and now i am ready to make sure april is even more amazing.

I am keeping my dieting at 1000 to 1200 calories a day but i need to stop munching carbs. So more fruit and veggies is my goal. I hate veggies so i will have to find ways to love them this month.

I am going to get better at making time for exercise this month. Lately i have only had time for 3 days a week 30 to 45 minutes but i think i will try 4 to 5 days 45 to 60 minutes. Wish me luck my goal weight is 118 by the end of the summer so i got a LONG way to go.

ploy40 responded:
I almost met my goal in March, 1 lb heavier than I wanted to be. But I was happy with that and was able to wear bikinis on my vacation!

I will continue to do the same in April. I hope to get rid of the weight that I gained during my holidays within this week.

Since weekend is my weakness, I plan to lose more weight during the week than gain it back on the weekend. I should be happy if I can lose 1 lb a week on average. So, 4 lbs is my goal to meet in April.

Good luck everyone. We can only get there if we try.

Flagtrailrunner replied to ploy40's response:
Alright, my goals for April:
1. run 4x week and weight train 3x week, & mtn bike whenever I can
2. Get better at mtn biking
3. Cut down on eating: more veggies and less sugar (only one small dark chocolate treat once a week)
4. Lose 3-4 pounds and weigh 138...a steady 138 not a I-just-ran-10 miles-and-sweated-off-2-pounds 138.

Good luck everyone!

3point14 responded:
My goals:
Weigh 141 by the last day of April.

Work out at least 45 min. every day.

Keep my food goin' good.

Try a new food/recipe once a week.

greytstuff responded:
My March goal was to get under 150 and I did it!! I've lost 20.5 lbs total since January 1.

April goal is to complete 4 weeks of Turbulence Training, 5 days a week, to do yoga 3 times a week minimum, and to stick with my eating plan.

dionnafregia replied to mariecc_14's response:
My goal weight is exactly the same and my starting weight is exactly the same only i'm not losing the weight as successfully as you have. I'm keeping my calories in between 1000-1200 also and i'm exercising like i should. Have you done anything "extra"? I've even had my thyroid checked. Can you give me any tips?

Thanks

ploy40 responded:
Half way through the month, how is everyone doing?

I've just lost my holiday weight; it took longer than I thought. I believe my body was still on holiday mode. :)

Now it's the time to start fulfilling my April goal. To lose 4 lbs in 2 weeks sounds kind of tough now. Sigh..

I went to Zumba class twice this month, it's quite fun. I still go to boxing classes 3 times a week. If I can clean up my eating a bit, I will be good ( I think). :)

mariecc_14 replied to dionnafregia's response:
This took like 3 years for me to see any process so do not get discourged cuz its a trail an error thing for sure. My problem was not very good follow through and my BC. Depo makes you had on the pounds like crazy.

What exercise do you do? does it feel like your pushing yourself hard enough (get to the point where it is hard to talk because your breathing hard). I try to do 5 days of cardio with 2 days of strength training. Let us know how your doing.

mariecc_14 replied to mariecc_14's response:
WOW i need more coffee; ignore the spelling errors please***

Anyway i haven't had a chance to weigh myself (need to stop being a cheapo and buy a scale.) But instead i stayed on the elitpical yesterday for 25 minutes going at a decent rate without stopping so even if my weight loss is not amazing i know i am getting healther and stronger which is better if you think about it! still need to work on eating more veggies tho. . . any ideas on recipes with veggies???

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 I have two children.A son 9,a daughter 10mths.I have always struggled with my weight.For once I would like to do something about it!!

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.