Skip to content
Weight emergency
Mzdickens09 posted:
I am in desperate need to lose 20 lbs in the next three months!!! Im trying to get bikini ready for my honeymoon in hawaii!!! can someone please tell me whats the best way to lose weight around the thigh arms and stomach

ploy40 responded:
Unless you are 300 lbs., losing 20 lbs. in 3 months is almost impossible. If you determine to do it, Aim for a pound a week, which will make 12-15 lbs. in total. You will look great for sure.
Your stomach, thighs and arms will get smaller once you lose those 12-15 lbs. You should add exercise to help tighten them up.
Ah, don't buy bikinis until a few days before the trip.
Good luck and congratulations!

Mzdickens09 replied to ploy40's response:
I am only 192 lbs and 5'6''. do u have any suggestions for fat loss excercises

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
I started at 165.5 on March 1st, and lost 20 lbs in about 2 months and 1 weeks. (I am 5'.5" btw.)

I did about 1300-1500 calories per day. Eliminated white foods. Swapped out whole grains for white grains, sweet potatoes for white potatoes, etc...

I also lowered my carb intake. I started having 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and a big salad for lunch, and nuts or cheese for snacks.

I work out as well. A min of 4 days of cardio and some strength every day.

I went from a size 12 on Feb 28th, 2011 to a size 8 on May 6th. (Had a shopping trip, and tried on the smaller size on that day!)

I was and continue to be very disciplined 5 days a week, and then on Fridays I allow myself up to 2000 cals, as this is me and hubbys date night, and on Sunday's I allow for a dessert. I try to keep it at 300 cals or less than the top of my calorie range. (So Sunday I plan to eat at about 1800 cals.)

Those little 'treat' days keep me on track when I want to splurge during the week, I remind myself that I will then have to cut back on my planned 'splurge days', and sometimes I wait, and sometimes I dont. I do keep it in check though.

Just make your goal to be smaller by the Honeymoon. Even if you are only 10-15 pounds less, you will feel fantastic.

Congrats on the wedding by the way. Enjoy your day to the fullest!

Tomato05 responded:
1. Curb your calorie intake, but do so wisely - still eat a balanced diet with lots of vegetables and lean protein as well as healthy fats, some fruit and dairy.

2. Lots of cardio (minimum 4 days a week, more is better) - exercise that will leave you hot, sweating, somewhat out of breath, increased heart rate.

3. Strength training with weights, bands, machines,or body weight. It won't make the fat go away (diet will do that), but it will give you a better shape, and once you've got rid of some fat, the muscle will show up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

August 2011 I was at a point in my life that i was ready to accept the extra weight i was gaining. Metabolism slows down with age. Exercise is difficu...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.