Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breaking News! USDA ditches Food Pyramid for "My Plate"
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Just wanted to share this with some of my favorite healthy members!

Earlier today, the USDA replaced the out-dated food pyramid with a new "My Plate" icon to bring more awareness to the recently updated USDA/HHS Dietary guidelines.

"My Plate" is a more eye-catching and much simpler visual guide to how much of each food group we should eat on a daily basis. For your convenience, WebMD has designed a printable version of the plate for our members. We hope you'll print it out and hang it on your fridge for your healthier new lifestyle.

Be sure to read the full story here -- USDA Ditches Food Pyramid for Healthy Plate .

We would also love to hear how you have modified your diet this year to become more healthy - take our POLL and share your story and/or tips on the Food & Cooking board.

Yours in Health,
Amelia and The WebMD Community Staff
(Hope you are all doing well!
Please feel free to visit me in the Fitness & Exercise Community .
Take care! :) )

Polarisld33 responded:
How long before they replace the plate with something else? Makes me feel like all the classes I had to take on nutrition were an utter waste of time since we learned about the food pyramid. I really have to wonder if their motivation isn't entirely financial. I mean, grains went from being the biggest part of the diet to being the second smallest. Do they even know what they're talking about or are they just guessing?

brunosbud responded:
My plate, except for size, looks exactly like the USDA's...:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I struggled with trying to lose weight and I was ALWAYS tired!!! I am a mother of 3 and I am active. I work out five-six times a week and I was not lo...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.