Skip to content
Ugh, Starting Over
3point14 posted:
I said I was done with weight loss, and I was. But now I'm not :) I was just getting into what I felt was an unhealthy level of obsession with calories and really beating myself up if I wasn't working out....Going through a lot of stress in my relationship, essentially working 60 hours a week, I couldn't handle another expectation of myself in a healthy way, and started really to use food as a way to control my emotions...If I'd had a "good" diet day, I was in a good mood. If I'd had a "bad" diet day, I felt dumb and silly. Like I've already gone this far and was weak for not being able to follow through.

Many of the women in my family have huge issues with food. Weight's kind of a thing to express character, if you're losing weight you're being healthy, if you're maintaining weight well, you're just not trying! I couldn't take the pressure of people continuously commenting on my weight loss. As it got more noticeable, I got more and more uncomfortable with it. I don't mind looking/feeling good, but as my attitude got weirder and weirder about it, it felt like more and more of a lie to be "proud" of what I was doing.

Things are better. I've worked out my relationship issues and my schedule is back to just fulltime working, not fulltime and a half. So, I'm going to try to get back on track with my happy, healthy weight loss. Where I'd fill myself up with good food, not just eat smaller portions of crap food. I'm not dissatisfied with where I am weight-wise, I'm still stuck around 140, but I can feel that I have muscles where I didn't before. :)

I'm going on vacation in two weeks. I want only to lose 2 lbs. in those two weeks. I'm going to ease myself into all this, not aim too crazy and ideally keep a lot of the pressure off myself. Fortunately, the vacation I'm going on is going to be a ton of walking and hiking, so I think that'll help keep me on track. So, cheers to starting over! I'm going to post my meals here every day-ish and feedback is ALWAYS appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Breakfast Low-fat apple yogurt w/ flax seed
snack- Apple
Lunch-Oatmeal, almond milk
Dinner- Pork tenderloin baked over brocolli and tomato with low-fat shredded cheese...maybe some brown rice, too.

3point14 responded:
Breakfast- Peanut butter Powerbar
Snack- Apple
Lunch- Brocolli w/ cheese sauce, carrots
Dinner- Chicken and feta with red peppers over whole grain pasta

My meal plan changed last night, instead of the pork I wound up having some chicken sandwiches at a relatives' house, but the damage was pretty minimal....until the pie came out! :) I only had a small slice and a little bit of ice cream, but it made me content with the decision I'd made earlier to do a few extra minutes on the elliptical.

Tonight should be just a quiet night in, so sticking to my meal plan should be supah easy.

Tomato05 replied to 3point14's response:
Welcome back, and I hope your new approach will work well for you,

Your food diary looks good. It makes me feel embarrassed about mine! My food intake is far more chaotic...

3point14 replied to Tomato05's response:
*fingers crossed* :)

It took me a loooong time to get to the point where I could "organize" the way I do. I just plan by the day now, instead of by the week the way I used to.

hehehe as an aside, my friend and I were talking and she said she "thought" she had OCD because she likes to organize her books a certain way. I said "I can tell you what I had for breakfast on May 15 and how much I weighed that day". hehehe

Breakfast- Apple
Snack- Powerbar (Love these things, and they seem decent of the protein bar family)
Lunch- Watermelon and carrots
Dinner- Not 100% sure yet, debating between two yummy pork chop dishes.

Prayznhym replied to 3point14's response:
I'm curious - how many calories are you getting in? That seems like such a small amount of food! Are you drinking lots of water to supplement?

3point14 replied to Prayznhym's response:
I'm getting in around 1200-1500 a day. I eat not a ton during the day because I'm not hungry and I'm working. I make up for it at dinner by eating pretty big portions, because that's just when I happen to be hungry. Like, when I say chicken and feta and pasta, I get a big heaping serving.

For me it's a matter of pacing. I'm pretty much never even slightly hungry, because I spread out my fruits and veggies over the span of the day. I know it's bad to pile on at the end of the day, but dinner for me is usually around 7-8 and I don't really eat after that...sometimes some yogurt or something, but nothing too nuts.

I don't drink a ton of water, probably like 4-5 glasses a day. I do drink diet sodas and tea though, which again I know isn't ideal but which I'm also totally unwilling to give up! hahaha I figure if my guilty pleasure is Diet Coke, I'm doing pretty ok.

3point14 responded:
Breakfast- Rice crispie treat and apple
Snack- (140 calorie) Triscuits (100 calorie) cheese: pepperjack and cheddar
Lunch-Cucumber, yogurt
Dinner- Doing the pork chops tonight, actually. And probably having my William S. Burroughs cocktail of Diet Coke and 100 proof vodka. ;)

Last night I wound up eating crackers and hummus and grapes and even--gasp!--two cookies instead of what I'd planned on. They were wonderful, though, bakery sugar cookies. I don't mind a calorie hit as long as it's delicious.

3point14 responded:
Breakfast- Yogurt
Snack- (70 calories) tortilla chips, an apple
Lunch- Cucumber and hummus
Dinner- A double cheeseburger from McDonald's, small fry. I know it's total garbage, but I know I won't have time to do anything healthy so I'm budgeting. :)

ploy40 replied to 3point14's response:
I will be embarrassed to share my food diary too. No wonder I haven't lost any weight for a long time.
2 lbs in 2 weeks is doable. Good luck!

3point14 replied to ploy40's response:
Breakfast- Oatmeal made with almond milk w/ brown sugar
Snack-Can of fruit
Lunch- Not really sure yet...maybe some veggies and cheese
Dinner- Ground sausage and red and green peppers over rice with some cheese.

Totally fell off the wagon yesterday when I had my little cousins visit, but I figured I would.

I've actually stopped losing weight completely and am stuck between 142-144. I've seen 138 at one point, but I wasn't comfortable with the changes I'd made and knew I couldn't maintain it. I've added a lot of exercise, though, and my shape is changing even if my weight is staying the same. I think I can do the 2 pounds though, if I start eating at different times...

Thanks for the luck!!

3point14 replied to 3point14's response:
Breakfast- Grapefruit
Snack- Luna Bar (I am addicted to the chocolate peppermint)
Lunch- Cucumber with hummus and nectarine
Dinner-Pork tenderloin and stuffing

I am so happy this morning! I woke up a bit early for work and did 350 crunches, a few minutes on my elliptical, and some lame dance yourself skinny workout video. I broke a huge gross sweat, took a shower, and now I'm at work and feel totally energized. :D Gotta love that exercise!!!

3point14 replied to 3point14's response:
It's official.

In one brand of pants, I've gone from a size 14 to a size 6. :D While I'm well aware that sizes very and are essentially meaningless, this still feels damn good.

ploy40 replied to 3point14's response:
You seem to have nice meal for dinner, but lunch seems to be so little.

congratulations on the pants size!

Tomato05 replied to 3point14's response:
That is a huge achievement and you can feel very proud. I look forward to my "shrinking days" too.

Keep up the exercise - it is indeed energising. I feel very sluggish on the days I don't exercise. Exercise seems to breed energy.

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
Hi Pi!

Glad to read an update on your health and fitness plan.

Since it is so freaking hot here, I am feeling 'grazie' these days.

I have been in the mood to just snack instead of eat a heavy meal, and its working really well.

For example, today was my "monday" after the holiday weekend, which I way indulged in, so I didn't feel like breakfast, so after my 2 cups of coffee in the a.m. I brought snacks for the remainder of my work day.

I had veggies and dip and a boiled egg at 11:30. Then at 1:00p I had cottage cheese topped with some sunflower seeds. At 3p I had a chobani yogurt. Dinner is going to be salmon patties w/ brown rice and pinto beans. Trying to keep my protein very lean, and lots of it, plus good quality complex carbs.

Normally, I would have the boiled egg for breakfast, and lunch would be veggie and fruit based.

Then later I will have a snack not to exceed 140 cals, to round out my day at 1200 calories. This will likely be another veggie based snack plus a bit of fruit since I haven't had enough of either today. I find it helpful to keep this snack open to add in low fat dairy, fruits or veggies, whatever I am low in for the day.

Lots of water to stay hydrated, and no exercise today due to the kid schedule, but laundry and cleaning the kitchen will keep me moving.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently weighing 145 lbs. I would like to be at a more comfortable weight of 123 lb. I had utilized the WebMD Weight Loss program several years ago ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.