Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Im Eighteen and only need to lose 20 lbs.
Anon_228886 posted:
I just turned eighteen and I am 5 foot and 3 and 1/2 inches. I weigh 126 pounds and I want to be 110 pounds before college in a month. I have been countin calories (1200) for a year and a half now. I also have been doing 20 to 45 minutes of Zumba everyday. Plus I have been taking a diet pill to help with my metabolism.

What I am trying to ask is there another way of losing weight because I am really tired of counting calories and carbs. Plus I am always hungry. What can I do?

PLEAse let me know

Thanks

desiree02 responded:
I'm the same height as you and am at 130lbs. I want to get 122lbs. I have been doing a lot of cardio, but I eat 1700 calories. I eat lean protein and tons of fruits and vegetables. I have lost 2 lbs every week since I started this diet. And I splurge once a week on Starbucks or the like. It's been working for me.

AMKdancer replied to desiree02's response:
Thanks I will try it and let you know.

Polarisld33 replied to AMKdancer's response:
Make sure you ask your doctor if you need to lose weight!!!! I'm 5 foot 2 inches and weigh 142 pounds and I was specifically told by more than 2 doctors that I should weigh 137 pounds. I wanted to weigh 120-125, but they do not recommend I lose that much weight even though some charts say 120 is in the normal range. If I lose more than about 5-10 pounds, it will start being muscle mass loss, not fat. Make sure that your weight goals are healthy!!
Again, I'm 5'2'' and my target body weight is about 137.

The last time my body weight dropped to less than 125, I stopped menstruating (it's your body's natural way of telling you your fat % is too low).

PLEASE talk to your doctor before you get too far into this and make sure you're not already at a healthy weight.

AMKdancer replied to Polarisld33's response:
I have spoken to a doctor and they said its fine I had stop taking the pills but im not losing weight let alone body mass. So im not really sure.

mingmei responded:
i feel like im almost in the same boat. im 17. im 5'5" and i weight 154. i really want to be 130-145 thought. im on a lose 10 lbs in 3days diet that im going to do for 9 days. i feel like i MUST be skinny by the time i go back to school. Im sick of being fat. Just looking for someone to talk to regularly about the process! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been trying to lose the same 10 pounds forever -- I'm sure that makes me like a lot of other people but that means I'm just as frustr...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.