Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What can I do to maintain a healthy weight after I lose weight?
musicalmommy posted:
Being new to the whole weight maintaining thing I kind of need help being steered in the right direction. So here is what is going on with me: I just recently gained 10 pounds in less then 4 months due to changes in my thyroid hormone. The doctor and I have finally gotten it stablized so now I'm onto the the "how the heck do I lose the weight I gained and maintain the weight I want" phase of the process.

I want to weigh not more than 135lbs, the weight I was at after my daughter was born and everything went haywire. Right now according to the last doctor's visit I weigh 146lbs. So my main question is this....any advice on who to lose the weight first off before I even begin to think about maintaining it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

kel718 responded:
I totally understand where you are coming from, I currently weigh 129 and I gained 10-15 pounds about 1 year ago. The weight doesn't seem like a lot until you can't fit into your clothes.

But to answer your question, I would suggest you do little things to get you going and keep you motivated.

The first step would be to find a goal, like lose 11 pounds, then find small goals like 1 pound per week so that its realistic and doable.

Since you have kids, you can do multiple things to lose weight like walk around with her at the park, cleaning is a good way to exercise.

I would just suggest to make subtle changes to the things you already do, just add more veggies and subtract sugar and salt laden foods.

Spotlight: Member Stories

If I have to be old/which I am I at least want to be in shape!

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.