Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
eating less, exercising more, gaining weight?
hayleylicious posted:
I can't figure it out! I am 27 years old. I have 2 children my youngest being 16 months and I am trying to shed this dreaded last 10lbs.. well recently I have been cutting back my food intake, exercising more (45-60 minutes 5 days a week) and I keep slowly adding on more weight.. I now need to lose 15lbs instead of 10 and I am at a total loss. I was anorexic before having my children and I find myself thinking about going back there more and more.. and I really don't want to. I need to shed this weight!!!! ANy suggestions? I'll try anything at this point!

brunosbud responded:
If you were to take stock of your life, how high a priority is your health?

Healthy people do healthy things, most of the time.

They do so because their health is a top priority.

They do so because they subscribe that happiness and healthiness are interdependent...They move in parallel paths.

Parents often say, "I just want my kids to grow happy and healthy..."

I often look around and wonder..."How does being unhealthy accomplish that goal?"

Take stock of your life, regularly. Identify your highest priorities and make a plan to reach them...one day at a time.

CoachMattKoblens responded:
Hi Haley believe it or not I bet you are not taking in enough calories throughout the day. Your body is probably storing everything you eat. Just my initial guess as we haven't discussed what you typically eat on any given day but it also matters what you're eating as well. I can help you if you desire. check out my website for free coaching at www.myfitmylife.com it's got a lot of great tips there and if you don't find what you're looking for def. message me and I'd be glad to help you

maggie4673 responded:
I would suggest that you keep a journal and write EVERTHING down that you eat, when you eat it. [I also keep track of calorie amounts.> When you write it all down, then at the day's end you really know how you've been eating and if you need to adjust it at all. You become your own best friend.

Jeselle responded:
Maybe its not the quantity of food that is getting you but the quality. Really watch your salt, fat and sugar intake.If you have a sweet tooth that could be the culprit. I limit myself to one small desert daily and stick to the serving sizes of all your foods. Eat whole grains, veggies, fruits, lean meats and lean dairy. Mind over matter is usually helpfull too. LIe in bed at night and mentally visualize yourself getting thinner over and over for 5 minutes each night. Our minds are a very powerful tool. Works great for illnesses too!

hayleylicious responded:
I have been counting calories for the past 2 weeks now, entering in everything i eat. On Average I'm eating about 1500 calories a day and averaging 30 minutes of Zumba 7 days a week. I try to throw in a 30 minute Pilates one of those days as well.

I only eat whole grains, fresh fruit, veggies and once a day i will have non fat frozen yogurt. Of course an Occassional less than healthy item a day (i can't totally deprive myself or i would go crazy!!) No Sodas, No candy, No chips...

3point14 replied to hayleylicious's response:
How does your clothing fit? Are you losing inches?

Kat899 responded:
I'm in the same boat. I first tried to lose 10 pounds at 140lbs and while trying to diet and exercise I got up to 150lbs. Eating 1200cal at 5'6 and exercising 1-2 hours (cardio). It's funny because a couple of days of being too busy to eat and exercise, I lost 3 pounds eating 700cal those days at the most. Sometimes I wonder about the 1200 calorie restriction. Still trying to get down to 130. Phentermine helped me get down to 120 but I don't have insurance anymore so I can't afford it.

CoachMattKoblens replied to hayleylicious's response:
since you've been counting your calories how has your weight been? Also besides your calories what is your ratio of fat, carbs, and protein. If you're trying to burn fat off you want to be at 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat. Let me know if I can help you furhter. You can check out my website for a lot of great tips. www.myfitmylife.com . if you have more questions you can message me in the contact me section

hayleylicious responded:
Ok so I have tried something new. I looked up what were medium to zero carb fruits and veggies and so i have cut out all carbs (breads, pastas, sugar filled anything) and have been focusing on eating fresh fruits, veggies, cheese, and meat. I have lost 10lbs and havent had the time to keep up with my exercise.. so thats no exercise (i've been moving and unpacking.. and chasing my two little guys) A normal foodie day consists of:

B-fast : Fruit (Honeydew melon, watermelon, peach, strawberries.. something like that)

Lunch: Salad (Chicken salad with extra veggies, fruits and nuts)

Snack sugar free 60 calorie chocolate jello snack cup (love that stuff!!)

Dinner: Broccoli, Meat (Fish, poultry or lean beef) side salad

Snack: Small spoonful of creamy peanut butter

I have been "cheating" and a couple times a week i heat a non fat frozen yogurt which of course has sugar in it.. but i'm still losing weight, feeling better, have so much more energy!! I am going to add in whole wheat carbs in a couple of weeks... and also add in more exercise once we are settled in our new home!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been a healthy weight & kept pretty active. Didn't really get into the whole diet thing however last year I gained 20lbs and cou...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.