Skip to content
Having trouble
Anon_233707 posted:
Hi. Today is my first day joining and after reading some comments posted, I decided to give this a try. I have been trying to lose the last 10 pounds FOREVER, it seems. I probably dont work out as much as I should but I can't find the motivation. When I do it feels like it never pays off. I eat great! Whats the problem. Need advice/

brunosbud responded:
Do you look for a "pay off" or seek motivation to take a dump?...Or, when you fall asleep at night?...

I bet you don't...but, you do it anyway...

Just like dumping, sleeping and having sex, not only is "exercise", natural, it is pleasurable, too.

Contrary to Oprah and Jillian Michaels, you don't need a "program" to do it. You don't need to be taught how to do it. And, you sure as hell don't do it for a month and expect a "pay-off" (although, I once met this woman...lol)...

When it comes to this country, we've chosen to be medieval about "exercise". We've "bastardized" it into something completely unnatural. TV has convinced an entire generation that exercise must be done for a reason. And, that pain must be involved.

Expect classes on how to fart, next...

Maybe, if you stop punishing yourself, you'll stop searching for motivation (that doesn't exist).

If you do what comes, naturally, and keep your mind out of places it doesn't belong, you may find that "exercise" is just about the most fun you can have.

Anon_233707 replied to brunosbud's response:
Wow. Thats probably the most honest comment I expected to hear. You are right. I do enjoy to work out and never regret it when I do. I guess I needed a reminder of how lazy I am (LOL) . There is no excuse for it. Thanks ;)

Spotlight: Member Stories

For the last couple years I've been able to maintain a weight I was happy with. My BMI stayed in a healthy range and I enjoyed the gym. For the la...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.