Skip to content
Overeating tips
Anon_235971 posted:
I'm compulsive, I'm a closet eater, I have no willpower.
I've been vegan for years, and can manage to stop myself when cheese or dairy is part of the factor, but otherwise I have pretty minimal control over what goes into the hole in my head.

Does anyone have experience with this, resources to look into, things that helped you?

michelle_1986 responded:
I, too, have gone through periods in my life when I haven't been able to control my eating...

I remember a few years ago the power went out in my neighborhood so I (naturally) responded by eating every single item of food in my fridge, freezer, and then moved on to the pantry, just in case the potato chips spoiled too.

If I could offer one piece of advice it would be this: over-eating is usually a symptom of a bigger problem. When I'm depressed, I eat. And vice versa. So take a look at the bigger picture and figure out the sources of stress in your life and change them!

I know that is not nearly as easy as it sounds, but give yourself a break, and take it one step at a time.

Good luck!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been trying to lose the same 10 pounds forever -- I'm sure that makes me like a lot of other people but that means I'm just as frustr...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.